Dry Suit and vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So another, maybe silly, related question. When I picked up my drysuit, I was told to be careful not to put anything on top of it. How do you pack it to keep it safe and not take any chances on it being damaged?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We use rolling duffels we buy at Costco for luggage. They're divided into a top and bottom compartment. The one that gets the dry suit only has things like boots and hoods, and small things like compasses or spools in it. The suit is put in with the zipper nice and flat (easy to do with our suits) and only soft and small things are loaded with it. So far, no issues from packing suits.

Watch this video starting around at the 9:37 mins mark.

This is how I always store it in my bag. I use my drysuit bag as carryon and put under my drysuit my reg bag, computers, finger spool, wreck reel, smb, lift bag, two backup lights, and can light.

My SS B/W with STA (disassembled), fins, needed undergarments goes in the checked baggage with other clothes until it reaches 50 lbs.

I always dive the same gear including my trilam drysuit less the can light if not needed. Had no issue going to Greece or Aruba. If asked about the size of your bag, just tell them it's compressible which it is.

So another, maybe silly, related question. When I picked up my drysuit, I was told to be careful not to put anything on top of it. How do you pack it to keep it safe and not take any chances on it being damaged?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom