Dry Suit and DIR question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dang, max, i hope my experience is drier than yours. just closed on a used
TLS350 (with Extreme Exposure, over in High Springs). they're going to change
the seals and test for leaks (and fix those) so hopefully i'll dive at least
semi-dry.

(GUEDiver, as always, thanks for the encouraging words)

MaxBottomtime:
I put over 200 dives on my TLS350, but only about a dozen were completely dry. I sent it back to DUI twice. The first time the found some pinholes, the second time they couldn't find any. When I got it back I ran a light against the inside of the suit and found five pinholes. I patched them, but it also leaked from the Turbo Soles and the zipper. A local GUE instructor, Michael Kane told me I should have bought the proper shell suit to begin with. I now have a Diving Concepts suit that I've been happy with so far.

This worrys me. I just got one.

jagfish:
Best of luck with the suit Andy. You're in a heap of good company with the TLS...

May be yes, but there are alos companies on the market which can give you a suit from the same Qualitiy like DUI but for a lower price:
www.dive2gether.net (The Scubaforce Explorer)
www.sepadiver.com (FOKA Tr-02)
www.divesystem.com
www.aquata.de
Also teh company "Otter" located in Britian has a model which fits in this compliance.

Regards,

Philippe.

what are the thoughts on the CF200 versus the TLS350

PhilippeD:
May be yes, but there are alos companies on the market which can give you a suit from the same Qualitiy like DUI but for a lower price:
www.dive2gether.net (The Scubaforce Explorer)
www.sepadiver.com (FOKA Tr-02)
www.divesystem.com
www.aquata.de
Also teh company "Otter" located in Britian has a model which fits in this compliance.

True, though I don't have any friends or collegues yet that dive with the "Scuba Force Explorer" or the "FOKA Tr-O2". They might be fine suits, I guess I personally have more of the lemming nature, and would go with the suit that just about everyone I know dives...the DUI.

Justin699:
what are the thoughts on the CF200 versus the TLS350

The overwhelming word I've heard is.....heavy.

I was surprised to find that a large number of wreck and cave divers (where I thought the abrasion resistence of the CF200 would be a real plus) still go with the TLS material...

jagfish:
True, though I don't have any friends or collegues yet that dive with the "Scuba Force Explorer" or the "FOKA Tr-O2".

JAG,

that was hilarious. Stop by GD's and tell us how youve been.

I know that alot of very serious divers use the TLS350 but man it looks kinda like a loose sauna suit. The CF looks better and so does the 905 (but I dont think Id like back entry suits), but IO do belive there has to be a good reason other than the TLS is a bit cheaper the the CF.

well, an update on my suit. i have three dives on it, and i LOVE IT.

it's an awesome suit, i don't need extra weight, and after the first few "feet up"
incidents, i've figured out how to manage the air ok... but still need practice, of course

however

(there's always a however)

being a used suit, it's leaking like the Titanic.

three dives, three soakings

i'm not talking about some water. i'm talking about A LOT of water. my undies
get soaked. my socks get soaked. my butt gets soaked. and so on.

right now the suit is with the LDS, and i hope we can figure out what's going on
soon. main suspects are the zipper and the neck seal (new).

Hey Waterdog..Good to hear from you! I'll stop by GDs soon...

Andy,
I also bought my suit used. One things I think is important when buying a used suit is to allow in the price for one or two major components to be replaced and still be way under the new price.

When I got my used suit, the first thing I did was send it to DUI and had them do a pressure test and evaluate the zipper. It's worth the 60 bucks, but sounds like your LDS can do the same. I did eventually replace my zipper, I think it was 2 or 3 hundred bucks..

Great to hear it leaked so much, but still loved the suit..

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom