Dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I have heard of divers putting stir straws in their gloves to provide a communication between the gloves and the suit and thereby avoid the dreaded "hand squeeze".

How do you secure these straws in place?

Also-

I put on my dry gloves last week and almost cried-huge PITA. The seals were so hard to get to lay down flat on the second wrist. Any suggestions for easy donning of gloves for someone trying to do it independently?

Mike

How about cuff rings? I saw a diver with rings and it seemed easy...plus he said no major squeeze, just don't over inflate and raise your hand or they might shoot off:mean: At least that's what he said...I still use wet suit glove for now...

What kind do you have? Rings or no rings?

We use short lengths of surgical tubing (we have a lot laying around) so that our gloves can equalize... not a good idea to dive with out them as on ascent you get mickey mouse hands and loose dexterity... plus run the risk of a blow off. The tubes stay in place by themselves but in the event of a glove tear the glove can be removed and the tube pulled to keep the suit from flooding.

Pug-

Judging by your profile photo you have rings AND seals inside of the rings??....and that's why you put surgical tubing inside your seals?

I'm a little confused by what you posted and what your photo looks like.

Mike

buff once bubbled...
Judging by your profile photo you have rings AND seals inside of the rings??
We use Diving Concepts rings and gloves (you can use any glove) and we have them set so the seal is still in contact with our wrists. You can set them up so that the seal is not a seal but I like the safety margin of having the seal.

I have ring cuffs with latex seals. I use brown jersey gloves under the insulated gloves. I put the brown gloves on first then put them not completely through the seals. This seams to allow them to equalize.

ICUROK once bubbled...
I put the brown gloves on first then put them not completely through the seals. This seams to allow them to equalize.
I used to do that with some white polypro gloves... but I actually prefer the tubes and my drygloves are insulated.

Use and LOVE the Diving Concepts drygloves with rings. I have tried the gloves with their own seal, and as you say, they are a real pain. However they do work well for shoveling the driveway in the winter.

CC from this board, or go to www.covci.com and email Chris for the best prices on Diving Concepts drygloves.

Dave

One of the problems with drygloves is that if you like to catch lobsters, it's very hard to get those drygloves w/rings in between boulders. Some time ago one of the persons I dive with was diving was diving with a buddy who had a pair of dry gloves w/rings and they were bug(lobster) hunting but he could only point out the lobsters and have his buddy catch and measure them. Also I tried on a pair of DUI ring dry golves at the demo day and I thought they were a big pain in the ass.
Just my .02 $
neil

Where is the best price on DUI Dry Gloves I am looking for the DIR Blue insulated with ring seals. Any healp would be great.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom