Dry gloves.....what Brand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matsat64

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I Finally have found the Dry suite for me after several tries , first it was a Ztech nice suite but not for me, now have a Dui CNse ha want the TLS350 but the CNse I really like.

Now that you know this I dive alot of cold water in Seattle Low 30's most of the time I have been doing research on dry gloves it seem the Sitech makes the best one's any body wanna chime in with advice?

If you can find 'em, Endurotech makes a dry glove (5mm & 3mm) with a neoprene cuff that is absolutely bone friggin' dry. The most durable glove available, to boot, IMHO. I wear the cuffless version all year long. I won't dive in anything else (avatar pic notwithstanding :wink:).

Endurotech Gloves

Hey thanks,
have you tried any others before you were sold on the Endurotech , the reason I ask is I am lost between Sitech and the Northern diver type. Sitech does make a cheaper non locking type as Northern diver makes only one style.
Would like to see the Endurotech but like you said hard to find... So far anyway .

I dive Si-tech and happy with them , I use the older type ring when you have to push in the glove evenly. The new one offers a locking ring that simplifies the job. Damn easy system to use, the gloves can be replaced quick on site if torn. Over 60 dives I only had 2 leaks one is when I cut the glove itself with zebras and another time I seated the glove bad. If you set the ring carefully they work fine. The only thing is that you have to watch it closer when the temperature outside becomes low (< 0c) and the o-ring becomes stiffer.

I do not equalize the gloves with the dry suit so one time I had air escaped into the glove when I did not purge it at the right moment and the glove became overinflated at the stop. I just carefully unlocked it , let the air out and reseated it I got no single drop of water inside.

I have never seen Endurotech but according to their website those are of a wet type gloves ?

They are a wet type at least from what I saw . Thank you for the help I was leaning toward the Si-tech glove because of the ease of donning , the locking style has bigger rings . If you can over come that I believe anyone can do this for warmth. Gee looks like the new year will be full of Dives with dry warm hands... this will make my future trips way more enjoyable. Thanx too all!

Endurotech makes both a wet and dry glove. Both are excellent, very warm, extremely durable. I use the wet glove because I need to be able to easily remove my gloves while working.

I have the SiTech ring lock gloves, they are easy to remove and put on. Also if you have large hands, they fit really well through the diameter, that might be something to consider.

Some other drygloves have much narrower rings.

MG

the new style of Si-tech, turn-locking style are my choice

haven't used the Enduro tech ones yet, as one of the major reasons I am getting away from neoprene is the PITA to don and doff neoprene gloves. so I went with smurf gloves with Si-tech twist lock rings.

I use the Viking system. The one without the locking rings.

Basically there are only 2 parts, a ring that fits inside the drysuit cuff and another that slides over the outside. Friction hold them in place so they can be removed easily too.

The rubber gloves are really simple to use.
You just pull the glove wrist up and over the the rubber ring on the outside of your drysuit. Voila!

There are no interlocking rings to get jambed, damaged, or sand into.

It is JUST like pulling on medical gloves.

Your wrist seal stays intact also so if you tear a glove (they are rugged) your suit won't flood & you can dive without the gloves too.

Scuba Center | Viking Dry Gloves | Drysuit Gloves and Ring Systems | Cuff rings, Bayonet Glove Ring System, 5 Finger Latex Gloves, 3 Finger Latex Mitts...

I use the viking system with the locking rings. To be honest, I don't know why I chose the viking system over the SI Tech version when I bought them. Something sold me on the viking system but I don't remember what. It might have been that the guy here on SB that sells them lives 45 minutes from my house. I was able to go pick them up at his house and he was selling them for a good price. Either way, they are easy to put together and use. I use the blue smurf gloves with the liner. The vikings do not require you to twist the rings very far to lock them in. In fact, others have said that if you really crank down on them, you will have a hard time getting them apart after a dive. I line up the tabs, and tighten them about 1/2 inch. I've never had problems getting them on or off without help. As long as you get everything put together fairly straight, they will be easy to use. If your rings are installed crooked, they probably wouldn't line up very well. The good news if you mess up putting them together, you just take it apart and start over. I made small adjustments to mine the first few times. Now I have them "dialed in" so they work great.

I've never had a leak. I don't go crazy checking the o-rings but I also don't throw the gloves in the bottom of my bag to get covered in sand and dirt. The gloves get rinse with all my other gear after a dive. My wrist seals would still stop water from getting in my suit if I had a leak, except for the fact that I put a piece of tubing in my seal so my gloves can equalize.

When I first got the gloves, I had a "blond moment" where I had the smurf gloves go into the inside of the ring and the fold outwards. This allowed the inside of the blue glove to come in contact with the water. I don't know why it never occurred to me that this would cause the gloves to leak...bad. Luckily I used them in the pool first and knew something was wrong when my gloves were full of water. Good news is my wrist seals were verified to work because my suit was dry (I didn't put the tubing in). I got out of the pool and looked at the gloves and the it suddenly hit me...A) I'm an idiot B) the gloves need the go on the outside of the ring and fold into the inside. This keeps the waterproof part of the glove in contact with the water. Once I fixed it, I wondered why I didn't think of it the first time. I guess it was the blond hair...Anyway, now they work great with no leaks.

A lot of people here wear wet gloves. My hands get cold easily and frankly, I don't like having anything on me be cold--call me a wuss. The only negative to the blue smurf gloves with liners is you have to get used to having that much material around your hand. It's kinda like wearing ski gloves...you can't pick up a needle wearing them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom