Dry gloves sans wrist seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would someone provide a link to these products? I literally just got today my BARE gloves and the rings (btw, the dry suit rings being sold seperately from the gloves, another rip off tactic by BARE)

I am getting the bare drysuit gloves and quick clamps.
Looks like Bare uses SI Tech. They do sell two options to mount to the drysuit. One is permanently mounted (allowing wrist seal changes in the field) and the other is mounted to the wrist seal. Then the ring that mounts to the glove is sold separately also. It makes sense to offer the product that way.

Look towards the bottom of the page for wrist rings.
Accessories - Dive Right In Scuba

Seattle Marine is where I buy my gloves and removable liners from.

I have had gloves fail, but my Viking rings have never let me down. I will be switching to the SI Tech System the next time I need wrist seals, so I can switch to silicon. I already have the neck ring and should have installed it before our last trip, since my neck seal is done. You saw my suit, it is starting to show wear.

I still can't picture how the Si Tech rings work with silicone seals and gloves at the same time.

Do any ring users omit the latex seals and attach their gloves directly to their drysuit?

DUI Zip Seals with Si Tech Quick Dry Glove Docking & Best #5.jpg

I've been diving dry gloves for a lot of years and have always omitted the latex seals. The picture shows how I attach my dry gloves to the DUI Zipseal system. If I do have a leak around the zip or in the glove the suit never floods. My hand might get wet or manybe even my forearm, but it's pretty typical for dry suit diving. It's a personal call, but you asked if anybody does it.

View attachment 86900

I've been diving dry gloves for a lot of years and have always omitted the latex seals. The picture shows how I attach my dry gloves to the DUI Zipseal system. If I do have a leak around the zip or in the glove the suit never floods. My hand might get wet or manybe even my forearm, but it's pretty typical for dry suit diving. It's a personal call, but you asked if anybody does it.

You are the first diver I've seen do this with a ring system. I've also never seen both the zipseals and the rings used at the same time. Why do you use both?

The large o-rings in the plastic cuffs sometimes roll over and pinch in my setup, which floods the inside of the glove.

I have latex seals and Si-Tech rings....I leave the seals intact while using the si-tech incase I have an issue with a ring or a glove. Just redundant protection if you will. I do know some people that do go sans latex seal and depend on the rings for sealing. I guess it comes down to diver preference...however I prefer to have that back up...

I dive a Bare XCD2 with latex wrist seals and Si Tech glove rings. I notice some of the DUI guys attach zip sealed gloves directly to their suits with out wrist seals. They don't seem to have any problems with the setup.

I was considering having the rings permanently attached to my suit when the latex seals wore out and using silicone seals. Then I thought of omitting the seals entirely and just using gloves.

I have had my gloves flood several times with the ring system. Are the zip seals more robust and reliable than the Si Tech rings? Do any ring users omit the latex seals and attach their gloves directly to their drysuit?

I just went to DUI's Zip seals because I wanted decent dry gloves. In 40 degree water with wet gloves, my hands got so cold they would start cramping & be pretty much useless. I go the drygloves with wrist dams. The wrist dams help prevent suit flooding, if the gloves are punctured. I tried the Sitech ring system & never could get it to work. They leaked every time.

You are the first diver I've seen do this with a ring system. I've also never seen both the zipseals and the rings used at the same time. Why do you use both?

The large o-rings in the plastic cuffs sometimes roll over and pinch in my setup, which floods the inside of the glove.

I tried the DUI Dryglove system for a couple of years and hate having to don my dry gloves when I don my dry suit. I like being able to put on my suit and still have my hands free (without any gloves on them) to finish getting ready to dive. This system allows that.

I like the overall Zipseal system for changing between dry gloves for cold water and the latex wrist seals for warm water (with no large rings on my cuffs) + being able to fix (replace) any wrist or neck seal tears AT THE DIVE SITE.

I think the flooded glove/flooded suit senario is over played. Had many leaks - and even a couple of flooded suits from other causes - over the years and never had an issue. It sounds scarier than it actually is, IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom