Dry gloves sans wrist seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I dive a Bare XCD2 with latex wrist seals and Si Tech glove rings. I notice some of the DUI guys attach zip sealed gloves directly to their suits with out wrist seals. They don't seem to have any problems with the setup.

I was considering having the rings permanently attached to my suit when the latex seals wore out and using silicone seals. Then I thought of omitting the seals entirely and just using gloves.

I have had my gloves flood several times with the ring system. Are the zip seals more robust and reliable than the Si Tech rings? Do any ring users omit the latex seals and attach their gloves directly to their drysuit?

I don't do it. I have had leaks in gloves, as well as poorly seated rings. I want those inner seals.

ditto for me...
sometime i touch sharp thingys.........
ok,lots of time i touch sharp thingys...
just my hand gets wet-i can handle that!!!
have fun
yaeg

I have had gloves fail, but my Viking rings have never let me down. I will be switching to the SI Tech System the next time I need wrist seals, so I can switch to silicon. I already have the neck ring and should have installed it before our last trip, since my neck seal is done. You saw my suit, it is starting to show wear.

Would someone provide a link to these products? I literally just got today my BARE gloves and the rings (btw, the dry suit rings being sold seperately from the gloves, another rip off tactic by BARE)

I am getting the bare drysuit gloves and quick clamps.

Would someone provide a link to these products? I literally just got today my BARE gloves and the rings (btw, the dry suit rings being sold seperately from the gloves, another rip off tactic by BARE)

I am getting the bare drysuit gloves and quick clamps.

That's not a ripoff tactic. Most dry glove systems will work with $5 gloves. I prefer that you can buy the rings separately to save money on the overpriced gloves.

That's not a ripoff tactic. Most dry glove systems will work with $5 gloves. I prefer that you can buy the rings separately to save money on the overpriced gloves.

What are you the BARE cheerleader squad? At least answer the question instead of just being the peanut gallery

The dry gloves need the drysuit rings to work - without them there is no point - they would just be loose fitting gloves that would offer no protection from the water. The rings are sold seperately - you HAVE to buy them to get the gloves to work. So you HAVE to buy the gloves AND the rings together. So really you aren't saving any money. This doesn't mean the rings shouldn't be available as a seperate item...invariably someone will lose/break a ring and will need to buy them. If you buy the overpriced gloves they should come as a complete setup.

What does the $5 liner gloves have to do with it?

Type words into your computer machine before buying things or don't:monkey:Argentina.

What are you the BARE cheerleader squad? At least answer the question instead of just being the peanut gallery

The dry gloves need the drysuit rings to work - without them there is no point - they would just be loose fitting gloves that would offer no protection from the water. The rings are sold seperately - you HAVE to buy them to get the gloves to work. So you HAVE to buy the gloves AND the rings together. So really you aren't saving any money. This doesn't mean the rings shouldn't be available as a seperate item...invariably someone will lose/break a ring and will need to buy them. If you buy the overpriced gloves they should come as a complete setup.

What does the $5 liner gloves have to do with it?

I'm not talking about the liners. Do a search for Marigold or Smurf gloves (blue fishing gloves).

I'll suggest that you stop spouting off about people ripping you off when you don't know what you are talking about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom