Dry gloves-again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just spent my FIRST $50.00 on gloves for my dry suit. I say FIRST since I think there are going to be many glove purchases to follow.

I bought a pair of Nothern Diver neoprene kevlar dry gloves. They look astronaut gloves-except they are black. They are very heavy duty-you could crush a Zebra Mussel in these babies. Kevlar palms and fingers with reinforced seams throughout. The rest of the glove has a plastic coating all over the exterior. The interior seems to be the same neoprene that is slippery(Harvery's or Henderson promotes it as a miracle neoprene). They have some very, very heavy latex wrist cuffs. They are not cumbersome and are much more pliable than my old 5mil. neoprene wetsuit gloves. Here is where I got them. They were only $50.00 and that included the shipping.

http://www.deepbluedive.com/scripts/frames/frameset.htm

I especially like the fact that they are "international"(yes, I know what Nothern Divers is also in the U.S. but it's fun to say "Yeah, I got them on the other side of the pond").

I hope that they won't get too compressed at depth and so will maintain their warmth and prevent hand squeeze - unlike the Nordic Blue gloves that I have ordered. The Nordic Blue's are more pliable and I plan on using those when I have to-e.g. photography. But I think I'll get a lot of good use out of these gloves for some time to come and judging by their beefiness I probably will be able to pass them onto my kids. Guess I better start working on having kids.......

Mike

Hi Buff
I also use the Northern Diver kevlar's I find the fingers in ordinary neoprene gloves wont last a season, I cut the velcro straps off as their to fiddley. I have had them a year and the neoprene is cracking inside, but the fingers are still okay.
I looked at the Nordic blue dry glove system but I can't get my hands through the rings. Polar bear cuff rings are bigger, but I havn't seen their dry glove system. Anyone tried them?

Lakesdiver mentioned 'surgical tubing'. Would someone please describe this technique? Is it for cuffed gloves?

Originally posted by Joe R.
Lakesdiver mentioned 'surgical tubing'. Would someone please describe this technique? Is it for cuffed gloves?

That depends on. :wink: never a strait answer huh ?
well the thing is there are several types of cuffed gloves
and if they have a seal to protect even if the glove would become ruptured then that type is usually usable with surgical tubing.
why would one want to use the tubing ? well one would use the tubing for preassure equalization.
Just put the tubing under the seal into the glove.
and its done, but if it starts to leak it will leak into the tubing and down into the suit.

good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom