Dry glove systems for DUI Zip Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of my suits has Ultima, a very nice system, sometimes getting them seated is tough but I can push them against something when they don’t want to cooperate, never had an issue getting them off. I still have nightmares about mounting the gloves.

the Rolock are on my trilam suit, I use that suit more often because of the gloves, less bulk and very secure, mounting the gloves was so easy than I have trouble remembering how I did it, with the ultima I have trouble forgetting:(

One of my suits has Ultima, a very nice system, sometimes getting them seated is tough but I can push them against something when they don’t want to cooperate, never had an issue getting them off. I still have nightmares about mounting the gloves.

the Rolock are on my trilam suit, I use that suit more often because of the gloves, less bulk and very secure, mounting the gloves was so easy than I have trouble remembering how I did it, with the ultima I have trouble forgetting:(

The Ultima glove mounting is a hot mess. Would take two people at the dive shop I used to patronize. Think I may try the nitrile gloves with Kubi. Just have to order some.

The Ultima glove mourning is a hot mess. Would take two people at the dive shop I used to patronize. Think I may try the nitrile gloves with Kubi. Just have to order some.
Isn’t the Kubi pretty much the same design concept as the ultima, just using aluminum rings? I haven’t used them and I have never heard of the nightmare glove mounting syndrome from the users so I suspect there is a difference.

A few buddies and I have been using the Kubis for 3-4 years, 60-70 dives a year and they are all working flawlessly.
Two of us have ours attached to DUI silicone zip seals. Never had a problem.

Sounds like you're all set and with spares. Should you ever need more, these are identical, at $10CAD and cheaper than via Kubi.
Marigold Drygloves

Lots of wholesale suppliers as well but you often need to purchase in bulk.

I run Kubis and I really like them. The glove switch process and the ring installation is pretty straightforward, just look it up on YouTube. The only trouble was getting the big o-rings on. That can be annoying if you don't have the right technique or a second set of hands.

Gloves are pretty personal to my mind. I like the stock Ansell gloves as I have long fingers and the dexterity is incredible. I ordered half a dozen or so from Zoro.com for $5 a pair, and I just replace them every so often. But if you have short fingers or want a durable glove, they're not the best option. They are very thin.

Shows 720's give up dexterity for durability. Just make sure if you use them to leave plenty of wrist slack so you have room to reach for something without tugging at the rings. That goes for any glove. And lube the glove side o-ring, of course.

Isn’t the Kubi pretty much the same design concept as the ultima, just using aluminum rings? I haven’t used them and I have never heard of the nightmare glove mounting syndrome from the users so I suspect there is a difference.

Putting the usual blue smurf gloves (pvc) on the Ultima rings was a cluster. They simply didn’t have enough stretch. That’s why it took two people.

Putting the usual blue smurf gloves (pvc) on the Ultima rings was a cluster. They simply didn’t have enough stretch. That’s why it took two people.

yeah, it's a similar pain with kubis. one thing i've found helps is to pre-stretch the gloves a little bit, and then put the ring on a hard surface so you have something to push against. it's not so bad once you get the hang of it, and smaller rings (80mm and smaller) are probably easier than the jumbo rings

yeah, it's a similar pain with kubis. one thing i've found helps is to pre-stretch the gloves a little bit, and then put the ring on a hard surface so you have something to push against. it's not so bad once you get the hang of it, and smaller rings (80mm and smaller) are probably easier than the jumbo rings

Going to order a pair or two of the Nitrile gloves. Those were said to be easier to get on even the Ultima rings.

Back
Top Bottom