Dry glove compatibility question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Shibe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a Fourth Element Argonaut suit with their proprietary Ellipse dry glove system. As most here know, the system has a lot of flaws. I gave up on using them entirely but am tired of spending money on wet gloves that just aren’t warm enough.

What would I need to do to fit the Waterproof ultima system onto my suit? I’ve heard something about how the Ellipse system is the same as the Si-tech Antares and that the Ultima is compatible with the Antares but I wanted to be sure before spending the money on them.

Thanks much

The rings inside your sleeves, once you remove the suits side ellipse rings (with the seals) will take the ultima rings in place of those.

The rings inside your sleeves, once you remove the suits side ellipse rings (with the seals) will take the ultima rings in place of those.
Are the suit side rings glued in?

Yes. The Ultima rings push in and are an identical size.

The Ultima system is a far better solution than the Ellipse but make sure that the orange o-rings are the correct ones. Early versions allowed the gloves to leak below around 25-30m and had to be replaced.

There are PU rings glued into the suit, these are what the suit side glove base ring, the one that the seal is mounted on, snaps into when you change the seals, if you haven’t changed the seals it will become obvious once you pop out the ellipse base ring.

I use both ultima and Rolock on my two suits and prefer the ease of use and glove mounting on the RoLock but the ultima is a great system and very robust.

the ellipse is the worst system I tried, you will be very happy with anything you replace the ellipse with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom