dry case in & out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grayeagle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
last years trip to cancun my new sister-inlaw loaned me her camera and case she bought in mawi on there hunny moon. nothing special but it did work pretty good. 35mm and case combo, i just got a canon case for my wifes camera and dont want to mess it up. my question is do all cases swet inside like the cheep one loaned to me last year ?

Any case can get condensation. Best bet is to lay hands on some desiccant packs and stick them in the housing.

I've never had a problem with any of my Canon A series housings, but differences in temperature and humidity can cause it. Try to set up in a dry, air conditioned room.

I keep my camera in one of those insulated collapsible coolers after I assemble it. Keeps everything an even temperature on the boat rides, protects it from bumps and is a great portable rinse tank!

ALICINA, thankyou for you'r help and input, i have one more question for though. again the camera i barowwed was nothing speacial just point and shot, no adjutments on the camera and as i said the pic's came out pretty good. i can work my wife's power shot a75 well enough with out adusting anything. i have read alot of thread's about u/w photogaraphy. what settings would you recamend. is factory ok for cancun pic's (on a good day) ? what do'es the white do ?what is it ? i turned up the falsh is that enough, i do'nt have a strobe yet, and what shutter speed would be good for life flying in the water and the ones that pose. i have gone through the manual and it tells how to set things but not what it will do for or what it does. please help thank you again. jerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom