Dry Bags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jazz

Reaction score
What type of dry bags do you guys use? Do you know if Baja was the first to make these bags? Looking to getting one and would appreciately your input.

Jazz

I keep my drysuit undies, sox, and a post-dive long sleeve T shirt it in. I toss it in my dive bag with the drysuit and the rest of the wet gear throught the trip, and my dry stuff stays dry.

eBay - I paid like $20 for a 3 piece set. I don't use them for anything intense (like kayaking or any other full submersion) - although they'd work for that.

You know - the velcro top, roll-down and buckle type of bags.

K

is the Cascade Designs 10 liter Kodak Sac . It is urethane coated nylon rather than the more common vinyl, and is therefore much lighter (only 4 ounces) and folds up much smaller when either partially loaded, or when flying off on dive trip.

My old Baja vinyl bag worked well, but it now stays permanently on my sailboat while I travel with the Kodiac Sac.

The 10 liter size is enough for a dry t-shirt, a windbreaker, hat, small towel, and wallet; but were I to get a new one I'd get the 25 liter size since it only weighs 8 ounces and still compacts to a small size when carrying just a few items.

Charlie

If your not looking for anything real fancy, try dirtcheap.com and look for their military surplus dry bags. They are like 3 for 7 bucks. Aint pretty, but keeps my stuff dry. Not sure of their actual size, but I can fit almost everything in my dive bag, except my fins and weights, in them. Great on the dive boat to keep my clothes dry.

Jazz once bubbled...
What type of dry bags do you guys use? Looking to getting one and would appreciately your input.

Jazz

I've used the Baja, a 20-liter size, for canoe trips for years. They work great for that.

:confined:

There's nothing much in my dive bag that can't get wet, so I've not experimented, but I bet they'd work great for that.

The size I use runs about $20-$22 USD. They're available at most larger sporting goods retailers, like Dick's.

rgerman95 once bubbled...
There's nothing much in my dive bag that can't get wet, so I've not experimented, but I bet they'd work great for that.
Do you have another bag for things like a dry change of clothing, towel, cellphone, wallet, dive log, etc?

I used to have a separate small backpack in which I'd put those sort of items, and then I'd store it in a dry spot on the boat. Not all boats, however, have a dry area, and now I find it easier to just keep sensitive items in a drybag that stays in my wet gearbag.

Similarly, I used to find a safe spot (typically the ledge in front of the helm) to store my eyeglasses while underwater. Nowdays, I just put the eyeglasses in my hardsided mask box and throw it back into my wet gearbag.

Always looking for easier, lazier ways to dive! :)

Charlie

Thanks for the input and the weblinks guys!!!!

Today I was looking at some bags, "Aquaquest" they were called made in canada, I forgot to check the type of material it was but it was very thin but the saleman told me that it's waterproof. I doubted it so I am still with out a dry bag. There are not many brands here in Asia. But I must say that after looking at most of them, I find "Sealline" most appealing.

Jazz:eek:ut:

Charlie99 once bubbled...
Do you have another bag for things like a dry change of clothing, towel, cellphone, wallet, dive log, etc?

I used to have a separate small backpack in which I'd put those sort of items, and then I'd store it in a dry spot on the boat. Not all boats, however, have a dry area, and now I find it easier to just keep sensitive items in a drybag that stays in my wet gearbag.

Similarly, I used to find a safe spot (typically the ledge in front of the helm) to store my eyeglasses while underwater. Nowdays, I just put the eyeglasses in my hardsided mask box and throw it back into my wet gearbag.

Always looking for easier, lazier ways to dive! :)

Charlie

I generally just have a towel, which I try and put in a dry spot on the boat - I change when I get back to the dock. I leave most things that need to stay dry in the car.

I use the same technique for my glasses that you do, putting them in my mask case; great minds think alike! That's also where my wallet goes too. :wacko:

My cellphone stays in the car. My dive log is in a sealed, waterproof sleeve, designed to hold electronics like a cell phone or gps receiver; it functions perfectly to keep the log dry. I bought that at a sporting goods store for less than $8.00 USD.

The less you take on the boat the better. Less to lose, less to try and keep dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom