Drunk cop busted traveling to dive training - Utah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry but the fact is that alcohol is a public health issue. Its a toxin to the body, cause disease and other health issue which could be life threatening. People need help getting off and it sure not easy.

We used to have a detective who would drive his county vehicle while intoxicated. I tried to get him disciplined but the brass protected him.

Give me a break. I am not Mormon an advocate, pro or against them. But do have a couple friends that are really great people.

Do they wear magic underwear?

@drbill

Your basic LA County UW instructor, the late Ron Merker was a Mormon !
Yes ! a real live living MOR- MON! and so was his parents, grand parents etc etc

Ron Didn't smoke, drink, swear, was always in fantastic condition !

You can now have another feather in your hat

sdm

Last edited:
Living in Oootah and wanting alcohol does take a lot of time, money, energy, and health. One has the gas up the truck, drive to Nevada, Colorado, Idaho, or Arizona, or Wyoming, then there is the stress of the drive home worrying about being pulled over for illegally importing adult beverages.

Actually, that is not so. In Utah one can buy 3.2 beer in grocery stores. Then there are the state run liquor stores where you can buy anything you want. And there are enough of those stores that you don't need to drive very far. Utah has no qualms about reaping the profits from the liquor stores they run.
Utah does have some very strange rules about serving booze in restaurants, and they are lowering the blood alcohol level for DUI to, I think, .04 from .08.

So the former officer was drunk driving to dive training?

Talk about a cascade effect of bad decision making!

At least he didn’t hurt himself of others!

Will

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom