Drowning Doesn't Look Like Drowning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This post is one of the things that makes Scubaboard "priceless". Thank you for passing it to us and I have passed it on to my friends and family. I hope no one I know has to use this information, but if they do, I will be so happy that I sent it to them.
Guy

I remember seeing a dated, but very eye-opening, movie during my BSA Lifeguard class.

It was of an extremely crowded New York beach, stuffed full of people, both in and out of the water. You had to look closely to see the drowning victims, as they were surrounded by bathers not paying the slightest bit of attention to the drowning going on near them.

Just as described by the OP, they would be startled when the lifeguard(s) would run and swim past/next to them to conduct the rescue.

Very eye opening.

Last edited:
thought provoking! many thanks for the insight reef guy!

Good post.
Something everyone with kids should read

This is probably a thread that deserves to be a sticky somewhere. As valuable as it is, it'll eventually get buried in pages of new posts otherwise.

As morbid as this seems, does anyone have a youtube video illustrating these concepts?
I would like to see that too. I'm having a hard time imagining this in my head and want to know what to look for.

So, was the wife in that story ok?

And parents: children playing in the water make noise. When they get quiet, you get to them and find out why.

My parents had a similar but overriding rule "children playing noise. When they get quiet, find out why."

Probably why I have never heard of a raucous conspiracy, they all use adjectives like silent, quiet, hidden, and they happen in the dead of night.

Bob
-------------------------------

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom