Dropping the central weight pocket: Xdeep Stealth Tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darktaxa

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am usually very head heavy. I usually put a weight on the crotchstrap with some bungee on rental Xdeep gear.

I just got my own Xdeep Stealth 2.0 Tec and i figured I can move the weight pocket down to just below the wing. Do you guys suggest doing this or do you think I should leave the weight pocket where it is and use the additional weight with bungee setup on my own wing as well. Intrested to hear your thoughts.

Thank!

I dive the Sidemount tech wing and load more weight in the lower weight cavity. Then add a smaller weight higher for balance. Your best choice would be to find an instructor who is very well trained in the proper setup of that rig. Protec Tulum is who I have dove with for years. They are the home of the XDEEP products.

I actually want to hear from someone that has tried pushing the weight pocket down. What they think of diving that kind of config.

You may have your lumbar plate (and therefore the weight pocket) too high. Or the tanks too much into your armpits. However if neither of those is true, I would continue to bungee the weight to the crotch strap.

I do that when I use AL tanks. With steel tanks I don't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom