Drop Tanks - Where do the responsibilities lie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think they did discuss it first. It would be interesting to hear what was said in that discussion.

If the DM candidate goes on to become a DM on a boat that uses a drop tank, it will likely be his job to drop it, as assigned by the captain. That is why it is a training requirement.
Judging from what was written on #1 and the title of the this thread, I really doubt it has ever been discussed at all.
Why would the OP let the boat captain to do his supposed duty?

Anyway the OP has left the resort so.

Then why would he/she hold the OP partially responsible for breaking the windscreen? If it was not his duty.
Because he thinks he can.

I would still say it’s the boat captains fault, but if the DMC screws it up, it’s on the instructor for not preventing it.

I would still say it’s the boat captains fault, but if the DMC screws it up, it’s on the instructor for not preventing it.
How anyone could blame the DNC is beyond me.

Only the instructor could explain why the duty was allocated to the boat captain and not the trainee.
How could the trainee be held partially responsible for any subsequent incident when he did not participate in it?
The only reason that I can think of is he and his wife are foreigner in Philippines.
Pity the OP has yet to review where it happened!

I think they did discuss it first. It would be interesting to hear what was said in that discussion.

If the DM candidate goes on to become a DM on a boat that uses a drop tank, it will likely be his job to drop it, as assigned by the captain. That is why it is a training requirement.
We never discussed 'With a buddy before the dive, prepare emergency
breathing equipment, and position it at the safety
stop depth'.

We never discussed 'With a buddy before the dive, prepare emergency
breathing equipment, and position it at the safety
stop depth'.
Thank you very much for the clarification.
Based on this, it is very clear who is the guilty person.
That instructor is NOT trustworthy and glad you had left.
There are plenty experienced and good instructor in Philippines.
Where was it ?

Back
Top Bottom