DRIS "Surprise savings" on Paralenz -> Paralenz has filed for bankruptcy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sevenrider860

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dive Right In Scuba has "Surprise savings" on Paralenz. The surprise is that Paralenz filed for bankruptcy and this is DRIS dumping stock. This could be a great deal or you could be stuck with a product that has no firmware or software application updates. Be an educated consumer.

1666266952438.png

Disappointing turn of matters for the folks at Paralenz but probably an attractive option for another company’s acquisition interests.

They really should have just stuck with improving the original design and focused on user replaceable batteries. They likely sunk a ton of money into that tiny back screen for their redesigned product which was silly given the space constraints. They also should have marketed stronger to the spearfishing crowd as a lot of these guys would have liked the streamlining for gun mounting.

This camera really is best for mask mounting though, and letting your eyes be the camera frame finder. Holding it like a flashlight is going to produce shaky footage.

Had they stuck to the original they could have improved the product and brought the price down.

That Vaquita model was too expense. Sadly, like the porpoise it was named after, it too will be extinct soon.

That Vaquita model was too expense. Sadly, like the porpoise it was named after, it too will be extinct soon.

Exactly $800 for a scuba only POV camera, that was bigger and heavier than the original that was already a bit too big and heavy. With a battery that doesn't long enough to cover even a typical 2 tank dive or a 2 hour tech dive.

For $800 I can get a GP11, a case, a couple of batteries, a tray, filters, and even a couple of cheap lights. And when I am not scuba diving, I can use the GP11 for other tasks.

Exactly $800 for a scuba only POV camera, that was bigger and heavier than the original that was already a bit too big and heavy. With a battery that doesn't long enough to cover even a typical 2 tank dive or a 2 hour tech dive.

For $800 I can get a GP11, a case, a couple of batteries, a tray, filters, and even a couple of cheap lights. And when I am not scuba diving, I can use the GP11 for other tasks.
Yep. The sad thing is the auto color correction is superior to any GoPro. I hope someone scoops up that piece of tech and does it right.

My goPro has done well and post processing color correction works great most of the time. Better than filters have.

My goPro has done well and post processing color correction works great most of the time. Better than filters have.
I'm a total gopro video editing newb, what software do you use for post processing?

If no-one picks up the remains, and support is truely interrupted, I hope they will do the decent thing and set up a foundation to open the design, so that we can DIY the firmware and maintenance.

I guess that they won't be at DEMA then. Dang. So much for that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom