DRIS 1000 with rechargeable batteries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebrasil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has used rechargeable batteries on the DRIS 100 dive light? How much burn time do you get in average?

Thanks so much

I've been using some Tenergy NiMh rechargeables C-size & get around 2 hours continuous use, but haven't measured it exactly. I have two sets of batteries and swap between dives.

I've been using some Tenergy NiMh rechargeables C-size & get around 2 hours continuous use, but haven't measured it exactly. I have two sets of batteries and swap between dives.

Thanks. 2 hours not a lot.

They claim the regular batteries last 5, but not sure would last that long.

Anybody else with experience to share?

Thanks

Alkalies definitely last longer---I've never run them to exhaustion, but have run them long enough to believe the 5 hour rating. I use my lights---4 lights at a time---for video. I got the rechargeable because I was accumulating a large bag full of partially discharged batteries.

The NiMh definitely don't last as long. I can usually get two dives in on a single charge, but swap the batteries just to be sure.

I recently bought a set of their Impact shorties and set up a second complete camera/tray/light setup, so do one dive per camera rig these days.

Like with anything, rechargeable batteries have a much shorter run time than alkaline . Also, while our light is rated to 5 hours....there are a number of factors that could shorten that from time to time. Even when running the recommended battery. Temperature is a biggie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom