DRIS 1000 Style Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only problem is there is no on/off switch. You must insert battery to turn on and take battery out to turn off. I think I will stick with the DRIS I have.
My bet is that they just don't know how to turn the head to make the contact and again to break the contact. But I still wouldn't buy it from them simply on principle but dris should be checking their contract about who owns the rights after development

Um, the DRIS light doesn't have an on/off switch either. You rotate the head until it makes contact with the battery.

I once took my DRIS light apart and found the name of the company who made the light on the inside. I then looked up their site and found that light (minus the DRIS stenciling) in their product catalog. I doubt DRIS "developed" this light rather they requested an OEM purchase with their logoware and then too on the work of importing it.

It looks like someone else is now doing this at a fraction of the cost. I'd be confident the build quality is the same.

If you looks closely Mike, these are not DRIS lights. These are a "form of knock-off" (might be identical with different logo but nobody really knows). These are not DRIS lights. While they look almost identical, I am going to enjoy my genuine DRIS lights and not risk the money with these.

I've got two as well, although one needs to be sent back. It turned purple and dim after my second dive with it.

If you looks closely Mike, these are not DRIS lights. These are a "form of knock-off" (might be identical with different logo but nobody really knows). These are not DRIS lights. While they look almost identical, I am going to enjoy my genuine DRIS lights and not risk the money with these.

As I recall there were several revisions of the DRIS 500 and 1000 lights. There was entire thread on the subject discussing the differences. I'm not sure how you can knock off a DRIS light when DRIS doesn't make the lights themselves.

---------- Post added April 1st, 2013 at 01:43 PM ----------

I've got two as well, although one needs to be sent back. It turned purple and dim after my second dive with it.

Please clarify, from who did you get two?

Please clarify, from who did you get two?

diverightinscuba.com aka DRIS

As I recall there were several revisions of the DRIS 500 and 1000 lights. There was entire thread on the subject discussing the differences. I'm not sure how you can knock off a DRIS light when DRIS doesn't make the lights themselves.

Hence the use of ""

Back
Top Bottom