Drinking and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halemano:
Although some of the logic is questionable, if I know a diver has inbibed or is hung over and there is an accident involving said diver, it is very likely my insurance will not cover it. On the other hand, if I do not know, there is a good chance the accident will be covered. My insurer may go after said impaired diver (or his estate) if the truth comes out. As an instructor, I would not be a prudent one if I were impaired on any dive, so my insurer could refuse to cover any accident, even one that happened when I was not impaired, because of a history of imprudence.:no

I don't like that logic but the fact is it exists.

Before you unilaterally decree it as fact perhaps you could point to some concrete examples and to the specific exclusion clauses. Insurance routinely covers the faulty decisions of it's insured. Have an auto accident and your claim isn't going to be denied because you were driving too fast or had several tickets on record. Fall out of a tree while trimming limbs and your claim isn't going to be denied because you were not using a safety harness or had been drinking. The insurer can raise your rates or cancel your policy but the incident remains covered. Exceptions must be explicitly excluded.

catherine96821:
Halemano was raised by hippies, ask him. ...oh they were doing High C
Actually, I was rebelling against my beatnik dad when I hung out with the slightly older than me hippie crowd. There was a real life nekid hairy commune a couple miles down the road from our house.:eyebrow:

I too know plenty of highly educated, highly successful, highly motivated regular tokers. Just like any vice, some people can not maintain. There are probably many who could accomplish more if they spent less time on SB; addiction is addiction.:D

ReefHound:
The insurer can raise your rates or cancel your policy but the incident remains covered. Exceptions must be explicitly excluded.
Oh gee, I feel so much better about it now. On second thought let's let all the hung over or drinks with lunch divers dive.:no

There are probably many who could accomplish more if they spent less time on SB; addiction is addiction.

Nooooo, I am not killing brain cells.

this is my version of doing crossword puzzles. I am staying stimulated.

You must have had an interesting childhood.

halemano:
There are probably many who could accomplish more if they spent less time on SB; addiction is addiction.:D

I'll second that thought!!:D

Back
Top Bottom