drink prices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sooner1

Reaction score
My wife and I have been to Cozumel and Playacar numerous times. We have always stayed at all inclusives and have had good experiences each time. My wife is a non-diver and spends a lot of time at the spa and sipping drinks at the beach while I'm out diving. I usually spend a couple of days with her not diving on our trips. We like the all inclusives because the drinks are included. However, this year we are looking at going to Cozumel a few times and were wondering how expensive it would be to drink if we didn't go all inclusive. I DON'T DRINK FOR AT LEAST 24 HRS BEFORE A DIVE SO PLEASE NO LECTURES.

At Scuba Club Cozumel (an almost all inclusive) the drinks are not included. You get room, meals, diving. Check them out they often have specials that are extremely reasonable. scubaclubcozumel.com

drink prices vary depending on where you go, anywhere from $1.50 for a bottle of beer to $7 for a margarita. The touristy bars, like Senor Frogs, and the more upscale restaurants obviously charge more for their drinks. However many places offer 2-1 happy hour in the afternoon/early evening so you'll have to shop around. I've stayed all-inclusive and non all-inclusive and much prefer the latter--the extra cost of staying all-inclusive generally isn't worth it. I can eat and drink cheaper on my own and the food is much better at the restaurants in town!

I went in to Carlos & Charlies (a touristy bar) when I was there. I don't remember exactly how much they were but it was a couple of bucks for a beer. Comparable to most bars up here.

jrg:
I went in to Carlos & Charlies (a touristy bar) when I was there. I don't remember exactly how much they were but it was a couple of bucks for a beer. Comparable to most bars up here.

If you don't remember, they must not have completely drained your wallet in the first hour...heh

Probably depends on where you stay. My husband and I stayed at
Hotel Brisas, now Hotel Cozumel I think, and we found that is was only
a $200 more doing the all-inclusive (which includes all drinks). We figured
we would easily spend that much on drinks alone, so we felt it was worth
it to us. If you go into town on the main drag, the drinks could be a bit pricey. Did find some excellent margaritas in some of the local places off
the main strip. Have a great time!

You can get beer and liquor pretty cheaply at Chedraui (except for bourbon, for some reason). Is there a fridge in the room where you are staying? Another alternative (the one that I use) is to get one of those rolling coolers with the swing out handle and use it for luggage. Once there, I unpack the cooler and ice my beer, limes, gin, and tonic in it. The cooler works really well as luggage (the larger size is long enough for my fins to fit), and the bar is always open... ;^)

ggunn:
You can get beer and liquor pretty cheaply at Chedraui (except for bourbon, for some reason). Is there a fridge in the room where you are staying? Another alternative (the one that I use) is to get one of those rolling coolers with the swing out handle and use it for luggage. Once there, I unpack the cooler and ice my beer, limes, gin, and tonic in it. The cooler works really well as luggage (the larger size is long enough for my fins to fit), and the bar is always open... ;^)

ggunn

Now you know how to travel my man! :thumb:

ggunn:

ggun, Now this is an innovative idea if I have ever heard one. Do you have any trouble checking this in, keeping it from popping open in the checked luggage system, etc.? I am diggin' it, just got to know the details.

Back
Top Bottom