Drift diving ruin a marriage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive mainly with my dad now and he had a pretty good solution.
He bought a set of double 80s... then took my double 100s and gave me the 80s lol.

Just buy a bigger tank for yourself so you don't divorce her lol. Or buy a long hose and start the dive on her air (that may have been standard dive planning for my buddies for a while)
*this.

Same situation with my wife. "Solved" it by changing tanks. I dive with an overfilled LP108 (150cuft roughly) and she dives with an al80 (77cuft). We come out with similar reserve pressure (although that means I've got more volume). It would probably work if I used something in between a 108 and an 80, but 108's are what I've got.

Doesn't work when we're traveling and have to live with rental tanks. Often I've found our choices are al80 or al80. Sometimes al100 is an option. I've never dove with an operator outside the US that will rent steel tanks, especially overfilled lp steels :wink:. I guess I could do sidemount doubles while she does backmount single but that's a lot more work.

Secretly ask the dive operator for a bigger tank for yourself.

Time for an AL100! or two or three.

That was my solution to the same problem, except I bought a couple 133 steel tanks (I'm 6'5" so on me they look like 80's would on a normal person). I got my wive a couple steel 80's as well (she's short). Now we start and finish at pretty much the same pressure.

Opposite problem here... the wife hasn't been diving nearly as long as me so she runs out of air first. I use her octi when returning her to the boat so my residual air lasts longer and I can stay down a bit longer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom