Drawback to a brightly colored wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And there’s a local guy whenever he’s on the boat that uses my white fins to set his camera’s white balance. :D

I would totally do that if I had a buddy with white dive fins. It's a little more difficult to do it if you're wearing them yourself. Possible, but a little extra work to "swing" things around if you are preparing for a shot and trim.

Two guys I dive with the heaps and travel around chasing sharks are white fin guys
One of them took this shot

full.jpg

not to mention white tanks Australia wide with and our white ponys attached
and none of us swimming around back and forth, like doing the yard together
pay each other much attention unless we move into their path into their space

like the Frank Sinatra gay brigade of shark chasing happiness

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 63
I would totally do that if I had a buddy with white dive fins. It's a little more difficult to do it if you're wearing them yourself. Possible, but a little extra work to "swing" things around if you are preparing for a shot and trim.

I’m imagining some funny looking contortions to use your own fins. :D

white gear ends up needing to be good about clearning after use. yellow/red has fading problems, especially for pool use it seems. i would go with orange or light grey. use a slate for white balancing.

I have white fins and light blue stripes on my wetsuit. My mask is white and blue and my regs are orange. I dive in cold, murky water with a bunch of people with black or dark blue fins and all-black gear. I'm always the easiest person for buddies to find and follow around because the fins practically glow.

Look up the term "Yum Yum Yellow".
I knew a couple who wore white fins. After every warm water trip, they were multi-color from all the coral they were dragged over.

Ideally you wouldn't be dragging over any coral...

I thought sharks and other big predators had absolute crap vision and relied on smell and touch. The critters I know have good vision are small fish and certain reef invertebrates. You might have one or two of those approach you for some romance or a challenge, but they probably can't do anything.

I’m imagining some funny looking contortions to use your own fins. :D
Just act like you're releasing a cramp and your buddy won't look at you weird.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom