DRAK is a POS! any other options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, it seems that Mares support has no interest in helping resolve the issues with its DRAK interface and the .NET Framework XX issue.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/mares-just-add-water/394808-drak-issues-what-can-you-tell-me.html

Does anyone know if the Dive Organizer is a substitute? Will it work with the Puck (non-AI)? how about anything else?

All in all, I've wasted my money on the interface, which was one of the reasons I chose this product (download capability for a "low-mid level" dive computer). Had I known the lack of success or support, I likely would have chosen something else....

the issue is because your computer, not because Drak
I installed it on 2 or 3 computers without problem.

I suspect many companies have poor product support these days. The ones that don't are in the exception. Which is why it's important to buy products that work right from the beginning. When the product does not work right and support is poor that's a bad combination, you need to run like crazy. My 2 cents' worth.

Adam

the issue is because your computer, not because Drak
I installed it on 2 or 3 computers without problem.

can you tell me (or show a screen snapshot) of what version(s) of .NET Framework [and updates] are installed on your system? Maybe you can provide help that they won't....

Drak is supported beginning with Windows 2000 and more
I'm running Windows Seven Pro Sp1 with all .net framework versions supported. All updates applied.
If Drak can be run under Windows 2000, the minimum net framework version is 1.1 and 2.0
net framework 3.5 and more cannot be run under Windows 2000

on my XP Pro sp3, alll .net framework versions installed and updated.
no problem to install and launch Drak
cannot test dives' download from a Puck, I don't have one

see also http://www.andica.com/faq_enterpriseserviceswrapper.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the info (you are more customer service/tech support than Mares is - LOL) Somehow I got it. Found an app that allowed me to remove all instances of .NET Framework, and then was able to re-run the Mares full install (which is packaged with .NET Framework 2.0), and all installed. My biggest "fear" is that the next Microsoft update will take it out again....

There seems to be a belief that 3.0, 3.5 or 4.0 corrupts 2.0 (I know 3.5 does some tweaks to 1.1, & 2.0 so there may be the "issue").

Again, thanks!

Thanks for the info (you are more customer service/tech support than Mares is - LOL) Somehow I got it. Found an app that allowed me to remove all instances of .NET Framework, and then was able to re-run the Mares full install (which is packaged with .NET Framework 2.0), and all installed. My biggest "fear" is that the next Microsoft update will take it out again....

There seems to be a belief that 3.0, 3.5 or 4.0 corrupts 2.0 (I know 3.5 does some tweaks to 1.1, & 2.0 so there may be the "issue").

Again, thanks!
i'm an IT...

thanks for your comment telling i'm customer oriented.
i will forward to my users, they have a different opinion :wink:

Back
Top Bottom