Drager Dolphin:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great addition to this thread undah.

CCR really does look tempting and all, but I think a jump from OC to SCR makes more sense to me right now..well not even right now, but in the near future.

SCR seems like the most prudent jump for most people thinking about dabbling in the closed world.

If I decide in the future to go with CCR then yes I will be out some money, but the technology will be better.

Anyway, thats how I look at it.

Jason

And all you CCR divers, are you totally enamored by the total love of no bubbles? Must seem strange to think backwards to OC and SCR with all those bubbles in the water...

Ummm... Yeah actually. Tooling around a wreck (or reef, whatever floats your boat) in no particular hurry without any worries about your exhaled gas bothering the surrounding fauna is an incredibly relaxing experience.

Yes you've got heaps of gas duration etc etc but the peace and quiet is something I've learnt to really appreciate over the last 18 months of diving the YBOD, especially as I've started diving OC regularly recently as part of an OW instructor course. The din is just unbelievable, and my bouyancy's gone all to hell:)

Quick tip for quietening down a Dolphin/Atlantis - stretch a bit of your missus' hose over the exhaust valve. Doesn't reduce the amount of gas vented but diffuses it nicely into a cloud of smaller, less noisy bubbles. Thicker/higher denier hose are best. Or so I'm told. I pulled apart on pair of "the management's" tights to give it a try and got such an ear-bending I still get the shivers thinking about it. Selling the grandparents for a nice quiet Inspiration seemed like a safer bet & I haven't looked back since, though I do miss Gran & Gramps.

You folks have been incredible! I want to thank each and every one of you for your input/questions/feedback. I learned a LOT more than I ever expected. Thanks guys!
Norm

Back
Top Bottom