Draeger Flow Rate Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLTEKDIVER,
Great program!! Thanks so much!!
I just want to let you know one of the reasons I chose the Draeger was because of the
very informative post you wrote on the Draeger vs. Azimuth.
I got the feeling from other posts that you weren't going to have the Draeger long. What did you move up to?

Camerone:
Around 130 feet. I've switched to CCR at this point (Evolution), as the dives I'm doing have been at the point where it's a pain to get the Dolphin set up. You need to be extra careful with the monitoring required when you're operating below the MOD of your cylinder gas, and it was getting to the point that I was really exceeding what the Dolphin was designed for. It's a recreational rebreather, and I was using it for decompression dives, or at a depth where the variations in fiO2 with workload were becomming close to problematic.

I built myself a nice Excel spreadsheet that I use when I fill the Dolphin to figure out what I want in the bottle, how long it's going to last me, and what the MODs and fiO2s will be with all three jets and at light, moderate, and heavy workloads. I carry it on my Pocket PC Phone when I go to the dive shop and compute everything at fill time when I analyze my gas.

Camerone,

I would like to talk to you at some point as I am starting to get myself in the same boat as you. I have been going down to the 107-113 ft range at Alki which is difficult to do when I get 48% mixes.

Could I get a copy of the spreadsheet from you. I have a scanned copy of what our LDS has for the 40/50/60 chart.

I hate to be one more e-mail to send out, but would greatly appreciate a copy of that excel file too.

Thanks so much!

Safe diving.

Diver Dude:
FLTEKDIVER,
Great program!! Thanks so much!!
I just want to let you know one of the reasons I chose the Draeger was because of the
very informative post you wrote on the Draeger vs. Azimuth.
I got the feeling from other posts that you weren't going to have the Draeger long. What did you move up to?

Hey thanks, glad you can use it!!

I sold my draeger rebreather and went back to OC for a while, i didn;t find the unit in SCR to be that much more efficent then OC , and to much work for me. I was thinking about converting it over to CCR, but for me, the type of diving i do alot, cave's, wreck's, etc, i din't feel that was the unit to do that with, nor would i feel confident taking any deeper then rec limit's, which i also dive. So i went back to Double's, and what im used to, good luck !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom