DR1 or ERDI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andy,

Thanks a million for your endorsement of the Dive Rescue 1 class. As one of the partners, I am always pleased when I here we met your goals. As one person mentioned though, you have only just begun your public safety diving education, assuming you plan to be in the PSD field for a while.

As your DRI instructor mentioned, poor SCUBA skills and performing dive operations without the proper training are leading causes of PSD fatalities. That is one reason why Dive Rescue International offers 32 training programs.

Knowledge is power and I encourage you to get all of the PSD training you can get (including ERDIs).

I also wanted to wish you the best should you move forward with your plans on completing the Public Safety Scuba Instructor and Dive Rescue 1 Trainer programs. These are very challenging programs and you will have to work hard to obtain the PSSI and DRIT certifications. Should you complete these programs you will be a lifetime member of an elite community.

Please know I wish you the best in your pursuit of excellence.

Blades Robinson, Director
Dive Rescue International
www.DiveRescueIntl.com

Thanks Blades! I did enjoy the classes and look forward to taking more in the future. The next one I am interested in is the DRII course, but they don't seem to be offered around my area. That is one of the main reasons why I wish to become an instructor myself, so that I can provide the training in house. As for hard work, I would expect nothing less of your program.

Hi Blades;

Would you explain the process for teams sponsoring a class. This is a way to get one in your local area.

Gary D.

For those who care, our team is thinking about hosting a DR1 class this fall. We are also looking at a NASAR 2 program as well. I expect to work my rear end off helping set these things up. Hopefully I can go to the classes. :)

ciao!

leam

Gary D.:
Hi Blades;

Would you explain the process for teams sponsoring a class. This is a way to get one in your local area.

Gary D.

Gary,

Thank you for asking me to explain the process of hosting a
Dive Rescue International class to members of this forum. I
don't want to make this a commercial strictly for DRI as I
respect the other forum members who have received their
training from other PSD training agencies.

Most PSD training agencies allow agencies to host programs
in their region. This is typically a inexpensive way to receive
training for your team and some of the instant benefits are
there are no travel expenses (mileage, hotel, meals, etc).
By hosting a class, you are essentially trading your local
resources (classroom, pool, open water training site) for
waived tuition fees.

If persons are specifically interested in hosting one of the thirty two
Dive Rescue International programs, please visit:

http://www.diverescueintl.com/hosting.html

or call 800-248-3483 toll free.

The hosing process is easy but the harder a host agency works,
the more more successful the class will be. A department also
has an option of holding a "in-house" class and a "group rate"
applies and the tuitions are significantly discounted.

I hope this helps explain the process. As I said, it is fairly easy
and Dive Rescue International has a full time staff to assist hosting
agencies in making their training programs rewarding for all participants.

Thanks again for allowing me to expain the process and provide information.

Fraternally,

Blades

Back
Top Bottom