DR in April / Punta Cana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarcazmo

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Just booked a trip to Punta Cana April 20-27th of this year. We will be staying @ the Paradisus Palma Real. I have my Advanced Open Water completed and my friend si looking to get certified while we are there. From what we gather there is a padi facility on site. Can anyone confirm this?

Can anyone comment on the facilities? What types of dives do they run?

I was in Belize this past December and had a blast spearing lion fish. (So much so that I bought a pole spear!) I also had a blast learning about free diving. From what I've read spearing lion fish is allowed here correct? What about other spear fishing? Can anyone recommend a guide or outfit for novice free diving/ spear fishing?

Thanks for this great resource!

---------- Post added January 18th, 2013 at 07:32 AM ----------

So apparently the diving in punta Cana is mediocre and there is better diving a couple hours away.

Is it worth making the trip? Any dive operator recommendations?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

We have a new highway, so the trip to Bayahibe takes about an hour, not 2 hours like in the past. And is it worth a trip? Most divers will tell you it is.

Thanks for the response! Is it best to rent a car? Are there shuttle services?

Any dive outfit recommendations? Must dive sites?

Thank you!

There is not a shuttle service, only a taxi or car rental. Now with the new highway the driving is much easier, so if you have ever drove in a country like Mexico, then you will be fine here too. The car rental start at 50 USD per day, depends on the car and the insurance. Just make sure you have full insurance on the car.

If you would like to dive privately, choosing the dive site you want to see, you can email us to info@divingdominicanrepublic.com for more info. Look at our dive map for the dive sites around Bayahibe Dive sites in Bayahibe Dominican Republic | The best Scuba Dominican Republic Diving - Scuba Diving Holidays in Paradise

I'm also heading to the DR in April (from 12-19). Certified divemaster, looking at doing some diving while i'm there. Thanks for the link Vlad, I'll make sure to get in contact with you when i'm

Is it a pretty busy time for you then? I will be with my wife in DR, who is AOW, but she doesn't dive as much as I do. Btw, fellow Canadian here too :wink:

I am coming to DR 4/4-4/11. Also DM and looking for buddy, my BFF only snorkels.
Any suggestions?

nhaone, Gujustud, where in DR are you guys will be?
Gujustud we are getting booked all year around the same because we do only private diving, we don't mix strangers together unless they are single divers. We do also trips for divers/ non divers combination. Because of the private diving our clients have to pre-book ahead of time otherwise we do not guarantee the spot.
We have still some openings during the period you both will be here, so we can book you together if you like. Email us at info@divingdominicanrepublic.com

Staying at RIU, can you send me rates
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom