DPV run to Gaskin info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been home more than usual and pretty much diving every day!! 7 days and 10 dives!! Saw this thread and never been to Centeen, however was talking to a man at the Islander Fri. that was headed over there and thus the peaked interest. I also have gotten involved "mentoring" a few new divers/friends. Gotta love when you can see the results in them. On a side note, have you dove at the area where the Chem Norma grounded? Wondered if all the tug activity scoured the bottom. Also, thanks for the layout of Centeen Park, may take an exploritory drive over today to get the lay from shore.

The easiest way to do it is:
From the sculpture park find the southern most sturgeon sculpture
There is a cable running east west on the bottom here. Follow it west to the concrete pipe.
You will pass the midwater swin through resistriction training aid.
Follow the concrete pipe to the SW until you see the sign and there will be a line on the west side of the pipe.
Follow the line. It will make a number of bends. There will be a post with a skeleton on the right. Towards the end you will see a small motor boat on the left and a post in the middle of the line. That is the indicator that you are almost there.
The line ends at a small stake. The bow of the Gaskin should be visible to the SW.

It takes me 11 minutes in first gear usually.

Alternatively, scooter S until the 55 to 60 foot depth. Turn west and hold the depth and you will run into it.

I have been home more than usual and pretty much diving every day!! 7 days and 10 dives!! Saw this thread and never been to Centeen, however was talking to a man at the Islander Fri. that was headed over there and thus the peaked interest. I also have gotten involved "mentoring" a few new divers/friends. Gotta love when you can see the results in them. On a side note, have you dove at the area where the Chem Norma grounded? Wondered if all the tug activity scoured the bottom. Also, thanks for the layout of Centeen Park, may take an exploritory drive over today to get the lay from shore.
Chem Norma Freed

Tanker “Chem Norma” Aground on Lock 23

Well; took a trip to Brockville this morn. Hat's off to Canada!!! Gotta say I was quite impressed with the setup and the clean area. Met with Helen at Brockville Adventure Center and got any and all info I needed, plus a Token to help keep the dive area supported. I was quite ticked off that I had left the tanks and gear at home, especially after talking to people that help there. Oh well,, I'll get there later this week. Got postponed from going to Wisconsin a week or so, all's good!!

Well; took a trip to Brockville this morn. Hat's off to Canada!!! Gotta say I was quite impressed with the setup and the clean area. Met with Helen at Brockville Adventure Center and got any and all info I needed, plus a Token to help keep the dive area supported. I was quite ticked off that I had left the tanks and gear at home, especially after talking to people that help there. Oh well,, I'll get there later this week. Got postponed from going to Wisconsin a week or so, all's good!!
There is some good shore diving on this side. Off of Centeen park here in Brockville, the Conestoga / Galop Canal drift in Cardinal, the Rothesay in Prescott, Lock 23 in Morrisburg, Lock 21 in Ingleside, under the Ivy Lea bridge....

There is some good shore diving on this side. Off of Centeen park here in Brockville, the Conestoga / Galop Canal drift in Cardinal, the Rothesay in Prescott, Lock 23 in Morrisburg, Lock 21 in Ingleside, under the Ivy Lea bridge....
I have done the Conestoga, but have never ventured elswhere. I have just purchased a home on the river,US side, right across from Brockville and looking to expand the horizons...Gonna retire from the road travel this winter!! Thus ,,,need some more diversions!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom