DPlan For Palm Pilots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamieZ

Reaction score
# of dives
Who has purchased? Do you like it? How long did it take before GUE sent you the registration key to unlock it after you purchased it? Its been like 12 hours and they havent emailed me yet. Yes I'm impatient! I want to play with my new toy.

I failed to put my "user name" of my palm on the form, but after I emailed them, they were pretty prompt. I got my key right away, but had a little trouble because I was confusing a "1" with an "l". After I figured it out, it unlocked. I've been toying around with, it seems pretty cool, from what little I know about Deco planning.

Dave

I have been running Dplan since it came out. It is the best one on the market for running OC, square profiles or multilevel . I love the GUI and it is simple to use. The range planning works nice and seeing all the profile on one screen is great. The programed gas selections in the pull down menu make the whole program easy. Decoweenie is not bad software, I started using that in the beta testing phase. If you are doing CCR, tricky way-point typr profiles or want other deepstop methods than GF, then Decoweenie would be a better choice.

Guess you'll be waiting for monday. That is when GUE's office will reopen and process your order. I purchased my copy of dplan on the weekend also and had to wait till that next monday. I remember that weekend seemed to drag on forever:)

Kevin Jones

I feel better now that someone else had to wait and it is getting to be a long weekend.

Received my registration code and tried out the software. Much nicer then the voyager program I've been using. Really simple to use. Took me less then 5min to figure out.:clapping:

I got my reg number in about 12 hrs. It is an interesting program. It appears to really "like" Helium. I really like how it will develope a plan with a range of times. Hope you like your program.

Robert:doctor:

What kind of functions is the program for the Palm Piolet missing as apposed to a program for a home computer or laptop?? I have been thinking of getting a palm (for other reasons than diving) but this would be an even better reason!! I am a Mac guy and there is not much choice for deco software for me and my laptop.

I also am a Mac user (G4 iMac) and the dPlan seems to have all the bells and whistles that a laptop program would have. You can adjust the Gradient Factors and deco mixes. Also, it appears that you can also adjust the back gas variables. It gives you the total run time in the plan when you specify a range of times. there are progams for mixing on the web that are free. Like this one:
www.users.bigpond.com/wittig/mixer.html

As far as I know, there is not any software that will run on the Mac unless you emulate windoze. (VirtualPC etc.) the palm software is probably your best bet. (That is what I am doing). I bought a Hancdspring Prism for the color. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom