DownUnder (Oz that is) Pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lukeROB,

Nice shots. I assume they were taken on the GBR. Can you tell me what area you were in? Really like the stone fish.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to SB. You will find some really good people here with loads of helpful info.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:cool1:

Nice pictures, good colors. Thanks for sharing.

Safe Diving

MaresMan1:
lukeROB,

Nice shots. I assume they were taken on the GBR. Can you tell me what area you were in? Really like the stone fish.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to SB. You will find some really good people here with loads of helpful info.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:cool1:

Shots were taken in Perth, Western Australia. Should be temperate water but we get a strong warm current from the tropics. So really is sub-tropical (water temp 22 C in summer and 17 C winter on avg).

lukeROB:
Thought I might start posting a few pics, instead of keeping them all for myself :11ztongue

Bullseye (how do I use a thumbnail here?)

Where at in Perth did you dive? I had asked a few locals and was told there wasnt much to see there and that I shouldn't waste my time. Usually, I wouldn't have listened, but one avro on the way back from Freo (few weeks ago) there was a pretty big hammerhead close to the shore. Everyone was out of the water a there where to choppers in the air. At that point I decided to stick with Exmouth.... lol...
Awesome shots, I can't wait to see more

lukeROB:
Shots were taken in Perth, Western Australia. Should be temperate water but we get a strong warm current from the tropics. So really is sub-tropical (water temp 22 C in summer and 17 C winter on avg).
I was in Perth/Fremantle myself recently. Those pictures weren't taken at Rottnest Is. were they? Western Australia diving is definetley underrated. Check the link below for my photos/comments on Rottnest. www.victoriadiving.50megs.com/rottnest.html

swankenstein:
I was in Perth/Fremantle myself recently. Those pictures weren't taken at Rottnest Is. were they? Western Australia diving is definetley underrated. Check the link below for my photos/comments on Rottnest. www.victoriadiving.50megs.com/rottnest.html

None of these were from rottnest Is. although there is some very good diving there. I live further north and so dont get over there to often. This is just from local reefs, 3 - 5 mile out 18 - 24m.

Western Australian has really great diving. Locally in Perth is reasonable, but go a bit further south and there is some great diving (Leafy Seadragons anyone :wink: ). Exmouth is also great if your going north. Plus there are some of the best sites offshore (still part of WA). Rowely shoals, Abrolhous Islands, Christmas Island and Cocos (keeling) Islands (I have been here and this is still the ulimate place I have dived) - 50+ m vis, sharks, tuna, mantas, wahoo plus every little thing you can imagine on the same dive.

I post some pics from other WA locations when I get time. These ones were just from recent dives so thought I'd get some comments.

Just gotta jump in for WA diving! Diving around Perth is excellent - many hidden treasures - anyone who says different I don't think really has explored the area - from off the beach to several miles out in a boat! Down south there are the wrecks in Albany (also has some excellent non-wreck diving) & Dunsborough...Esperance is meant to be fantastic cold diving, but I think it is pretty seasonal. Bunbury's Jetty is great fun - even for snorkellers. Geraldton offers the Abrolhos Islands which are fantastic except the sea conditions can be pretty extreme (only place I have ever been seasick). Exmouth is wonderful - do not skip doing as much reef diving as you can...I NEVER come back with room on my card and usually am frantically deleting images on the second dive! If you visit the Ningaloo don't skip Coral Bay - an awesome shark cleaning station and wonderful mantas all year round. Rowley Shoals up north - get a liveaboard...my friends dived it two years ago and still talk about it! So much coastline, too much to mention here!

BTW - love seeing photos of Perth!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom