Downloading Gekko direct onto Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hongrace

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a way to download Gekko directly onto Mac? I have searched and read threads in SB but could not make out a clear view as to how it is done and what I shall need.

I have only the Gekko with no cable and a Mac without windows partition. Terms like serial RS232 kept coming up several times. I know nothing about pc and Suunto's dive manager but I believe SDM only runs on pc. I know there is Mac Dive log and there is a program to fool the Gekko to think it's a vyper but will this work on Mac Dive Log? Can someone explain what I shall need and the steps? Thank you very much in advance.

I have looked in the MacDive page. It mentions Smartinerface Cable. Does it mean if I use the Smartinterface cable, i do not need to run program to convert the GEKKO to VYPER?

I have purchased the smartinterface USB PC Interface for Suunto dive computers. I have also download the driver Treiber für das USB Smartinterface (Mac OS X Intel ab 10.4!) from their website.

My Mac is a MacBook Pro 2GHz Intel Core i7 with Moc OSX 10.6.8. My desktop is iMac 2.7GHz intel Core i5 with Mac OSX 10.6.8.

I have problems setting up the smartinterface cable on both computers. I followed the steps by downloading the driver Treiber für das USB Smartinterface (Mac OS X Intel ab 10.4!), and followed the install procedures. However, after restarting the computer and go into the System Settings and clicking the Network and clicking the Plus sign (step 2.1 and 2.2), I could not find the new connection "USB <--> Serial" on both computers. What is wrong here? Thank you.

I use Mac Dive with my Viper Air without any problems with the Suunto PC Download Kit (USB)

Problem solved. The driver from Smartinterface didn't work. I downloaded another driver from FTDI. It works. The document from FTDI also mentioned that the interface USB <-> Serial will not show in the system preference menu as Apple requested them to remove it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom