Download cable for Vyper crashes my computer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,
ok, so once the cable is plugged in (device already attached?) the PC bluescreens? Have you checked if this happens with other USB devices as well? Just to rule out some USB socket misbehavior...

br Hendrik

Hello,
ok, so once the cable is plugged in (device already attached?) the PC bluescreens? Have you checked if this happens with other USB devices as well? Just to rule out some USB socket misbehavior...

br Hendrik

The USB ports all work with other things. The problem happens on all 3 available ports on my laptop (ASUS). It doesn't matter if the dive computer is hooked up to the download cable or not. About 3 seconds after plugging the download cable into the laptop I get a blue screen failure. If I leave the cable installed the laptop will try to reboot, but continues to fail until the download cable is removed.

The download cable (I've tried 2 separate ones) work on my husband's Win7 laptop. I have not been able to test on any other machines.

Hi,
ok, I will have to check with some colleagues if they know about issues like that. In the meantime, please uninstall DM5 + drivers via Win application manager (Suunto Sport Instruments and anything else that relates to Suunto). Then plug in the cable and tell me what happens...

br Hendrik

I can certainly do that but before I will uninstall DM3 (probably needed for a proper test) I need to know where I can get a new install copy. I much prefer DM3 to DM5 and am not willing to lose DM3 forever yet. Right now I can download to my laptop using my cell phone and another logging program as an intermediary.

Hi,
I just read you previous posts once more. Since you've sent the error dump kindly give me your ticket number and we'll follow up based on that rather than having you testing around... I apologize that the support team hasn't been able to solve this yet. We'll figure it out...

br Hendrik

hi,
i just read you previous posts once more. Since you've sent the error dump kindly give me your ticket number and we'll follow up based on that rather than having you testing around... I apologize that the support team hasn't been able to solve this yet. We'll figure it out...

Br hendrik

tt478914

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom