Downeast Maine Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpecialTest

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Going to be in Portland Maine for more than a few days mid August. Was hoping to do a dive. Got my own gear; will bring it if I can sort something out beforehand. Don't need someone to carry my tanks or anything like that; just to take me out and show me some spots. Totally ok paying for a charter or a guided dive with a shop, or anything like that. Willing to drive an hour or so.

What temps can I expect the water to be?

I'm in MA, but only diving I've done in ME was ages ago. I'd recommend reaching out to local dive shops. Most of them around here do dive trips. Surface water temp in MA around the Cape Anne area has been in the low 50's. 53 yesterday in Ipswich Bay.

Thanks.

Surface water temp in MA around the Cape Anne area has been in the low 50's. 53 yesterday in Ipswich Bay.
What's the thermocline like? I typically dive in a river, so virtually zero thermocline. I'll head to Lake Ontario as well, which will be 70s on the top and high 30s or low 40s at 100ft.

All my ocean diving has been Mediterranean.

Back
Top Bottom