Dove the Sea Girt Reef - FCO Reefs - 5 Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basking Ridge Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok so I admit I was looking for the Venturo today and hooked up on the FCO Reef 5 Tanks - I knew I was in between them but was really looking for the Venturo. Anyway it was a good dive considering it was a day after Hurricane Arthur - 51 Degrees at the bottom - could feel the thermocline all the way down to 70 feet deep and about 5 foot viz. Lots of small bait fish and a few larger ones that kept to themselves.
Wind was blowing pretty good - 15 to 20 knots - threw the anchor over and it snagged first time on an upside down tank - so I figured why not dive. Current was not noticeable but the cooler water and low viz kept it fun. By the way - Reef Anchors are the way to go... Easy snag even easier release on the way out...

I have not been on that one but I think the answer is yes... I have been told some of it is no longer like this - the storms have been filling it in...
But my plan is to get there this year - I think - I hope... :)

Scuba Diving - New Jersey & Long Island New York - dive Wreck Valley - Artificial Reefs - G.A. Venturo

The other one that is worth it is Veronica M - I had a chance but did not make that - I think the Veronica if you have not dove is first then this one...

Add to that list one of my favorite ladies, the Joan (LaRie) III.

The kid found one of her towing shackles nearly buried in the sand, note how much of the exposed shackle is gone to corrosion. (The greenish tint isn't real, I just overdid the stabilization. -copper from the electrodes.)

Anyone wanting more info: Towing on the Cable of a "Wire Boat" Tug

Joan LaRie III.jpeg

Thanks, but I'm just now clearing for light duty. I have a paid seat on the (most likely) Veronica early next month.

Back
Top Bottom