Dove Lake of the Ozarks on Saturday 4-21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bsigmund

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dove three times at one mile marker (close to the dam), on saturday. Viz was about 10 feet at depth - water temp 58 at surface, 52 at depth (50 ft). I have a place down there (that's the only reason we went). It was actually pleasant diving in a drysuit. Pics attached.
Thanks,
Bill Sigmund

Attachments

• LOpic1.JPG
    LOpic1.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 67
  • LOPic2.JPG
    LOPic2.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 69
  • LOpic3.JPG
    LOpic3.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 77
I've thought about diving the lake this summer. My aunt has a house far enough away from the dam to have some vis. Do you still get 10 feet in the summer?

10 feet, that is amazing. I heard that the viz was up, I have never seen it that clear.

Rosewater,
In a couple of weeks, the visibility will be extremely bad. That is the reason I went that early in the season. Once you get a million boats on the water - the viz goes to literally zero.
Bill Sigmund

Nagel,
Yes I was talking about Bagnell - sorry for the confusion. I also should mention that above 20 feet the viz was only a couple of feet, but once you got to about 20 feet it got a lot better. The other thing to mention is that the bottom is soooo silty that once you cruised over an area, you couldn't go back because finning within 5 feet of the bottom brought up enough silt to ruin that area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom