Dove a 4-day-old wreck; Reef Gliders boat went down a week ago with divers aboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great job! Isn't it wonderful that our dive sites are so close to shore on Roatan? I would hate to have to swim back to shore from any of the sites I dive in Florida. On Roatan I wouldn't consider it too much of a problem. Still, I realize it's not the way the divers or staff wanted to spend their day. I feel for Reef Gliders' bad luck and the expense of get their boat back in service. I hope it all worked out well.

---------- Post added April 6th, 2012 at 06:17 PM ----------

Great job! Isn't it wonderful that our dive sites are so close to shore on Roatan? I would hate to have to swim back to shore from any of the sites I dive in Florida. On Roatan I wouldn't consider it too much of a problem. Still, I realize it's not the way the divers or staff wanted to spend their day. I feel for Reef Gliders' bad luck and the expense to get their boat back in service. I hope it all worked out well.

It's been my experience in both diving & nondiving offshore boat trips, that if you go out in the "big water" you had better have twin engines or be an incredibly good swimmer! Those locally homemade, single engine dive boats spook the hell out of me.

"The best bilge pump is a scared man & a 5 gallon bucket" Capt. Bimini Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom