Doubles. pst 98

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimyoungdd

Registered
Reaction score
All over the east cost, Canada and else where
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Can buy a set of doubles. PST 98, Dive Rite Manifold, last Hydro was 02. Last filled
in Sept of 08. Has EAN 32%
Price; lowest he will go is $400
Now I know the pitfalls of the Hydro issue and know the person well enough that
if it does not pass I'll get the money back. So the question is; is 10 year tanks
worth $400. Assuming they are in good shape, no rust and pass hydro.
tks
Jim

I have a set of double PST 95's made in 1996, last hydro tested in 2005 with a December 2008 VIP that I am selling for $450 plus shipping (and only $400 if I do not have to drain, break down and ship them - a real PITA).

So...I think the $400 price is reasonable.

Can buy a set of doubles. PST 98, Dive Rite Manifold, last Hydro was 02. Last filled
if it does not pass I'll get the money back. So the question is; is 10 year tanks
tks
Jim
I'll give you $500 right now...then you wont have to worry about hydro and all that.

Happy Holidays
U/O

tks
Jim

The Hydro issues are with the E series tanks, the 3442 PSI. To my knowledge, PST LP tanks haven't had problems at Hydro. My 10 year old PST LP 104's just went through Hydro with no problems. Personally, I would have no issues buying this setup. :palmtree: Bob

If one fails at all it would most likely be because the test facility failed to do the round out procedure as required by PST, not because the tank is bad.

If one fails at all it would most likely be because the test facility failed to do the round out procedure as required by PST, not because the tank is bad.

That is correct. Since the op was inquiring about LP tanks, that's basically what I addressed. If the round out procedure isn't done immediately prior to hydro, the tank may very well fail hydro testing. The problem is finding a facility that adheres to PST testing procedure. Recently the facility my LDS uses failed 4 out of 6 E -7's the shop sent them. They won't be seeing my E 7's and 8's as they start coming up on hydro next year. I have found a testing facility in Ft Lauderdale that understands how to hydro the E series PST tanks and will take my tanks there rather than chance a failed test here in Tampa. :palmtree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom