Double Steels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AcePilot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As title says I'm looking for steel doubles

Prefer in GTA (Great Toronto Area) area but PM me any way.
Reasonable driving distance is fine as long as price is good.

The best option is HP 130s but will consider other options.
Thanks for looking.

They are same size as LP 108 but more air...
Dove them recently and liked them

I'm open for advices and options though.

I have a tendency to use more air when diving with camera (concentrating more on pictures)

I have no idea why your puzzled. Most of my buddies were diving 95's or 108's pump up before we switched to diving rebreathers. Most People diving doubles and doing tech dives prefer more gas on there back. If your lugging around heavy camara gear which also has a lot of drag your going to use more gas. I would also assume since he is in Canada he is diving a drysuit or heavy wetsuit. Larger steel tanks tend to be more negative.

BTW PST 104's will be considered too as well as other steels
Manifold prefered Halcyon but not exclusively...

I have no idea why your puzzled. Most of my buddies were diving 95's or 108's pump up before we switched to diving rebreathers. Most People diving doubles and doing tech dives prefer more gas on there back. If your lugging around heavy camara gear which also has a lot of drag your going to use more gas. I would also assume since he is in Canada he is diving a drysuit or heavy wetsuit. Larger steel tanks tend to be more negative.

going to answer this but end it here, dont want to steel op's thread here and would be happy to share via pm if youd like to go further ...
i too am in the northeast.
i too dive dry
i too lug gear
i understand your point, i simply disagree with the idea of needing bigger tanks prior to working on sac rate.
thats all

and please dont reply saying you didnt say this was the wrong approach because you certainly said straight forward that my thought of being puzzled and whats the op's sac was confusing itself to you ... so,
my point remains, bring down sac rate THAN if your buds are blowing your bottom time away still, research other options ... conservative considering the OP is NOT looking at rebreathers which may or may not be due to finance but if it IS, then why throw money away on big tanks prior to lowering sac?

as mentioned prior, please feel free to respond privately as theres no need to further steal this kind diver's thread

I am confused. The guy wants to buy some tanks and posts that fact. Then he proceeds to get jumped on because some people do not like what he wants to buy? Really?

nope, not really.

guy posts that he wants big tanks
another diver asks "why big"
perhaps a different angle can be taken ...
an altogether different diver who is offering absolutely NO ASSISTANCE at all decides to poke in

back to the beginning, canada diver looking for tanks
perhaps hp120s or other would suit same needs as 130s so diver has more options and possible saves money ...

acepilot is a nice guy with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I am confused. The guy wants to buy some tanks and posts that fact. Then he proceeds to get jumped on because some people do not like what he wants to buy? Really?

Ok guys (and girls) I will listen to all advices...
But it doesn't mean that I will follow any...
Every opinion has a right to be expressed as long as it has a factual argument behind it.

Back
Top Bottom