Double or single?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chous

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I want order complete rig from DSS but have one question. Now i'm diving with single tank. But i know than in future i'll buy twins (may be in the end of 2010 ).

So what i have to do? Order single tank rig now, and than buy another one wing for twins or order double rig now and dive at first time with one tank? I didn't have enough money for having both of the wings..
Of course i can resell single tank wing after buying twins but i don't want do so difficult movement..

Is it possible to put single tank on double rig configuration?

Thank you!

It is possible but not recommended and you would need to also buy an Single Tank Adapter since the DSS doubles wings do not have slots for tank cam bands. I was in your shoes 4 years ago when I got mine. I bit the bullet and ordered a single tank rig and a 50 lb doubles wing. But it soon got to be a real problem switching re-threading etc. I ended up ordering another plate and harness 2 months later. If you don't plan on diving twins very soon get a singles setup. Then later on down the road buy a doubles wing or another set up for doubles. Reason is, even after switching you may still find your self wanting to dive a single tank now and then. Most BPW divers I know that do both have two or more setups for singles and doubles. I only have two BPW setups but 6 bc's total that I use depending on the circumstances. 3 jackets and 1 back inflate plus the BPW's.

I want order complete rig from DSS but have one question. Now i'm diving with single tank. But i know than in future i'll buy twins (may be in the end of 2010 ).

So what i have to do? Order single tank rig now, and than buy another one wing for twins or order double rig now and dive at first time with one tank? I didn't have enough money for having both of the wings..
Of course i can resell single tank wing after buying twins but i don't want do so difficult movement..

Is it possible to put single tank on double rig configuration?

Thank you!

If you want to dive singles you need a single tank wing.

If you want to dive doubles you need a doubles wing.

Start with a single rig. Wait to buy the doubles wing until you know what you will be using for cylinders and exposure suit.

Keep in mind that your exposure suit may change as your time in the water gets longer, and exposure suit buoyancy will impact the wing you need for doubles.

Moving to doubles is expensive. You need a 2-3 sets of doubles at $600-$800, and maybe a drysuit and undies, $2,500-$4000, and ~5 more regulators and 3-4 deco bottles, a argon rig for your suit and training and a can light and gas, etc.

The cost of a second wing for doubles ~$300-$350, is a very small slice of that pie.

If you'd like me to make a specific recommendation for a your singles rig let me know.

Tobin

Last edited:
Thank you!
With your advice i'll made decision to buy single at first time...
Thank you a lot once agane!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom