double bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cancun mark:
I wasnt suggesting it as standard practice mike!

I know you weren't. I was just pointing out that in some caves, I don't think a balanced rig that you can swim up would be good enough.
Didnt Rob Palmer die of a runaway descent? I cant remember the details.

From what I remember reading his buds reported last seeing him still descending and they turned for whatever reason. If I remember right they reported that he didn't appear in trouble though. Note, though, that it's just what I remember. I don't know anything about his equipment or anything. Some one like Curt B. might have a little more info.

:crafty: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXERVI6
What I could never understand is why people are against the double bladders, its really no different than a single bladder, the argument for the run away ascent when the inflator sticks, well folks there is a REALLY EASY fix for that, only hook up one inflator and if you have to switch to a backup, use it orally, I don't think my lungs will stick open and over fill my second bladder causing a rapid ascent.

As for points of failure if I manually use my second inflator, how many failure points have I added? none really, if I'm swimming along and the seat on my backup bladder oral inflator hose fails, big deal.

well you do have a nother failure , where do you think the hose leeds to (second inflator)?

It goes to a bladder that is flat as a pancake with no air in it or power inflator hooked up to it. while yes I guess that is adding a failure point, why not ditch both of your backup lights? They are just failure points right?? Heck think of the failure points and the drag we get rid of, lets see, 2 bulbs.. batteries, some O rings, now my rig is safer, less failure points, oh wait the lights are for backup, same with my second bladder......

Give me the stroke sticker if its not DIR cause I dive dual bladder and I'm not giving it up :crafty:

cancun mark:
:D

I must go through some of Jonnythans posts to fins a couple of gems like that..
I doubt if you'd have to go far, and you probably wouldn't even need to twist any words to make me look like a big fool.

In fact, I do that plenty fine on my own.... so don't even bother! :wink:

FIXXERVI6:
:crafty: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXERVI6

well you do have a nother failure , where do you think the hose leeds to (second inflator)?

It goes to a bladder that is flat as a pancake with no air in it or power inflator hooked up to it. while yes I guess that is adding a failure point, why not ditch both of your backup lights? They are just failure points right?? Heck think of the failure points and the drag we get rid of, lets see, 2 bulbs.. batteries, some O rings, now my rig is safer, less failure points, oh wait the lights are for backup, same with my second bladder......

Give me the stroke sticker if its not DIR cause I dive dual bladder and I'm not giving it up :crafty:

misc15.jpg

FIXXERVI6:

Quote:Give me the stroke sticker if its not DIR cause I dive dual bladder and I'm not giving it up :crafty:
looks like you win the stroke sticker but at least you undertsand why and what you are doing, more than can be said for some here.

Dual pancakes LMFAO, does that Rabbit realise he has the DPOD on his head (dual pancakes of death)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom