Double 100's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgarysmith

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can any of the experienced divers tell me what you think of Using HP 100's for a double setup. I usually dive a Mares Isotherm Semi-dry in colder water and will posibly use a dry suit in the future. What do you think. If not the HP 100's, what would you suggest? :dazzler1:

jgarysmith:
Can any of the experienced divers tell me what you think of Using HP 100's for a double setup. I usually dive a Mares Isotherm Semi-dry in colder water and will posibly use a dry suit in the future. What do you think. If not the HP 100's, what would you suggest? :dazzler1:

I have seen LP 72s, AL 80s, HP 80s, HP 100s, LP 104s, HP 120s and HP 130s in doubles configurations. You have lots of choices.

Normally you will use the Rule of Thirds with doubles, and if two-thirds of the gas is enough to get you to and from your destination underwater, for a given set of tanks, then that would be your most comfortable choice, whatever that size turns out to be.

However if you are diving with a group of buddies, then normally you would all wear the same sized tanks, so you need to check with the other divers that you plan to dive with before you make a choice.

Its ok if your tanks are larger than your buddies'. However if your tanks are smaller than your buddies', then you will become the controlling element in the turning point, and they will not be too happy about your diving with them, with smaller tanks. So check with your buddies, or with your instructor, first, before you buy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom