Dork Divers Manifesto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife:
just use wet notes :D

This is an above water thing, like a mini computer. I am will probably use it for Geocaching (another geeky hobby)

I'm feeling guilty. I went to a swap meet today and bought a small knife that will fit in my bc pocket. I already have a perfectly good big strap-on Sea Hunt style knife. If I ever have to use this little toy knife I'll probably cut my hand to shreds because there's no real grip to hold on to. Can I still be a Dork Diver even though we all know why I bought the new knife? In my defense I did tie it to a D-ring with a piece of window blind chord.

Retro:
I'm feeling guilty. I went to a swap meet today and bought a small knife that will fit in my bc pocket. I already have a perfectly good big strap-on Sea Hunt style knife. If I ever have to use this little toy knife I'll probably cut my hand to shreds because there's no real grip to hold on to. Can I still be a Dork Diver even though we all know why I bought the new knife? In my defense I did tie it to a D-ring with a piece of window blind chord.

I don't think it would be fair for you to wear that little knife. My knife goes from about my ankle to my knee, and if I can wear that, you can wear yours. Get with the program!

Retro:
Sorry. I feel so ashamed.

I've given it some more thought and analyzed your original post. The window blind chord kinda makes up for it.

Fish_Whisperer:
Oh! Thank you! Maybe we should start a Dear Dork Divers advice column, like Dear Abby but like, totally different.

Dear Dork????

Dear Dork...I'm a MOF'er that has a back up snorkel on a retractor...I dive with a jacket BC and I use split fins..I have no clue what my SAC is (nor what it actually MEANS) and I have tanks that say NITROX ONLY but they have air in them... I also use my 3rd (of 4) regulator to pull myself across the sand at the bottom of every dive because I have no buoyancy skills...I also use my power inflator to ascend when I'm almost out of air, which is no problem because I have 3 spare airs to keep me until I surface...anyway...WHY do they laugh at me when I'm on the boat that goes out to the Speigel Grove???

Signed....Dunce Diver

i was thinking of my fellow Dorkies today

DorkDiver.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom