Dorcy 41-0467 availability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We sold out of the dive light and we made some changes to the light. The new design changes are complete. More Lumens, better gripping and easier clip access. Expect the Dorcy Dive II in stock in January.
Mark@dorcy.com

Hmm, so my original hunch was correct. And that would explain why all the discounting was recently taking place - clearing the old version out the pipeline so it didn't bump into the new version.

Which leads me to think the new model is likely to be a little more expensive than the old one!

Can you give us a hint as to the pricing on the Dorcy Dive II?

We sold out of the dive light and we made some changes to the light. The new design changes are complete. More Lumens, better gripping and easier clip access. Expect the Dorcy Dive II in stock in January.
Mark@dorcy.com

more Lumens? like what? (about what will the output be?)

what about the beam? still a "80% spot, 20% flood? Any changes?

Batteries? still using 6 AA's, or going to something like 3AA's.?

Still turn on by tightening head? or push button/ magnetic switch?

I understand the better grip need, although I've never dropped mine. The lanyard that came with it was, well rather wimpy for diving. most of us made a better one

For any one else's refereance, as an example, here is the lanyard that I made, with a SS clip so I could clip it off to my harness. Not indicated in the pic, but the lanyard is the perfect length that you can loop it over the end of the light to keep it from dangling and catching on anything when the light is clipped off.

DSC_4489a.jpg

more Lumens? like what? (about what will the output be?)

what about the beam? still a "80% spot, 20% flood? Any changes?

Batteries? still using 6 AA's, or going to something like 3AA's.?

Still turn on by tightening head? or push button/ magnetic switch?

I understand the better grip need, although I've never dropped mine. The lanyard that came with it was, well rather wimpy for diving. most of us made a better one

For any one else's refereance, as an example, here is the lanyard that I made, with a SS clip so I could clip it off to my harness. Not indicated in the pic, but the lanyard is the perfect length that you can loop it over the end of the light to keep it from dangling and catching on anything when the light is clipped off.

DSC_4489a.jpg

220 Lumens, Same size, still turn head. i will get you more updates as i get them

Mark@dorcy.com

Does the "better gripping" mean you added some texture/knurling to the lighthead, making it easier to twist?

When 'facsimile machines' where new and high tech, when we typed cryptic words into telex machines to communicate with our suppliers in southeast asia, when you had to 'book' a phone call to India a day in advance, I was in product management. It seems like it wasn't that many years ago.

We spent a fair amount of time guessing what product features customers wanted.

And now this. What a world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom