Don't Shoot Me... But Looking For Cheap Place To Do Idc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wanted to thank everyone for your suggestions. I considered all of them, and in the end mexico will be the best for my situation. Price is similar but I had great recommendations for a particular CD, free lodging and cave diving after the course with some friends.

I might do a SDI crossover afterwards...

Again, thanks a lot for your help!

Why go to all the time, trouble & effort of doing a PADI IDC then paying more for a SDI crossover? What is the benefit?

Why go to all the time, trouble & effort of doing a PADI IDC then paying more for a SDI crossover? What is the benefit?

Even people that don't know anything about scuba know PADI. It's just easier to "sell". From what I've read so far, I'd prefer SDI for myself. The crossover from PADI to SDI is pretty easy, the opposite is not.

you can do it at my facility with free accommodation's (you could even make it a family vacation ) with every thing you want call me 416 720 3117 udt diving

PADI IDC at Safari Island Lodge Fiji.

Do you want the best job in the world? PADI Instructors are the most sought after position in the dive industry. The 2016 IDC at Safari Lodge runs from 9 - 27 November 2016 with course director Andrew Redfern.
Included in the IDC package is:
-One week FREE diving pre IDC.
-Up to 2 years FREE diving post IDC, when you book accommodation at Safari Lodge.
-Accommodation for the entire IDC and I.E.
-All meals.
-Boat transfers to and fro Safari Island Lodge.
-Tanks and weights for all dives.
-8 Student limit (quality over quantity)
-Employment placement assistance post IDC
-Relaxing island resort with white sandy beaches and amazing dive sites

Take the next step in your professional dive career and make the experience unforgetable with Safari Island Lodge Fiji.

For more information feel free to contact Storm at fijidive@safarilodge.com.fj

Attachments

• IDC November.jpeg
    IDC November.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 1401229_755141411178304_1746791929_o.jpg
    1401229_755141411178304_1746791929_o.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 123
  • 1410715_755140867845025_777045463_o.jpg
    1410715_755140867845025_777045463_o.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 130
sdi certs more people than all the other (than padi )agencies combined , padi is the MOST expensive and a crossovers (all crossovers are pretty much the same , remember you ARE already an instructor ) can be done by my facility (don't get me wrong padi is a great agency , the biggest ) if you want expensive do the padi .............youll be surprised at your final bill (crunch all the numbers ill be around a third the cost if I except you i have to interview you as with me its NOT ABOUT THE MONEY )....plus my course is ONE ON ONE PRIVATE ....no one absolutely no one will be able to compete with my facility ..plus take out the air fare right away ...............but to each his own just trying to help you out .............steve

Last edited:
At Coconut Tree Divers we have some great IDC options that include accommodation.

All single occupancy rooms with or without AC in a nice house close to the dive center and town. It also has a pool and wifi with onsite restaurant.

Hello! Roatan is a great option and has really reasonable (and direct) flights from Montreal during high season (December to April) with both Sunwing and Air Transat. If you'd like information on our IDC package deals, which include accommodation, lunches, equipment, two free specialty Instructor certifications free diving for life and much more, feel free to contact us at internship@roatandiveacademy.com. Best of luck with the search and with your decision!

sdi certs more people than all the other (than padi )agencies combined , padi is the MOST expensive and a crossovers (all crossovers are pretty much the same , remember you ARE already an instructor ) can be done by my facility (don't get me wrong padi is a great agency , the biggest ) if you want expensive do the padi .............youll be surprised at your final bill (crunch all the numbers ill be around a third the cost if I except you i have to interview you as with me its NOT ABOUT THE MONEY )....plus my course is ONE ON ONE PRIVATE ....no one absolutely no one will be able to compete with my facility ..plus take out the air fare right away ...............but to each his own just trying to help you out .............steve

Wow... a lot of claims in this post. Care to provide some actual, verified information?

Before you decide to cross-over to SDI I would suggest you do some research. As a Padi OW Instructor you can work independent of any
Dive shop, but a SDI Instructor has to be affiliated with a LDS. Also I do not know you would go thru the pressure of a full 2 day I.E. only to
cross over where as with SDI you are signed off as a Instructor by your Course Director only.

Back
Top Bottom