Don't make this stupid mistake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done two trips to Mexico, one in March of '07 and one in October. In March, we did cenote tours for three days in five different cenotes. In October, I did Cavern and Intro in some of the same cenotes as well as one new one. I've since done one cave diving trip to Florida, and am currently attempting my second one (weather is not cooperating!)

The cenotes in Mexico vary, but some are very decorated, and the decorations are fragile. Anything that interferes with precise buoyancy control and trim can lead to cave damage. A camera adds complications, and that's all I was trying to say. I know people who can dive with a camera and manage everything perfectly (NW Grateful Diver took his in the cenotes without problems) but in this case, there was a configuration problem that led to an issue. It's actually perhaps a good thing this happened in a cave, because in OW, the ceiling would not have stopped the OP's ascent :)

Back
Top Bottom