Donsol/ Ticao - Is Feb too early for Whalesharks/ Mantas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

correct me I'm wrong but isn't the cagsawa ruins actually just 1 church tower that survived the lava from the nearbly volcano? (The volcano does look cool: perfect cone).
yep. I've been. It's pretty cool. My cousin and I got the kids to give us a tour. best to go in the early morning because by the afternoon the clouds block the view of the entire volcano. There's a souvenir market outside (and inside) the ruin grounds with some neat trinkets to take pics of.

You can also see the abandoned hotel on the hill. It's off limits but if you ask the trikie driver he'll take you to the chains and you can just hop over and walk the rest of the way to the top. You can take pretty cool pics of mayon from there.

the Legaspi town center is pretty cool - nice view of the volcano and there's a bell you ring if you feel opressed (ring it proud Pak :14:). They also have a small park that the trikie driver was proud to show us. Nothing special to a traveller, but it's special to them.

If you want to get a little closer to the volcano, you can make a day trip to the look out point on the north east side of Mayon. I didn't end up doing that.

there's also a cave there, the name slips my mind though. It's not the intricate and the guide shows you around for about an hour.

off limits?! and u are telling them to ignore that!! so pasaway!!! :rofl2:

are u in PI already Chip?

OK, it's done. Arranged the Donsol portion with Steady Eddie :D. Will do a day of snorkeling with whalesharks and then a couple days checking out the diving around Donsol w/ an option on a 3rd day of diving depending on how it is. Then back to Manila and down to Anilao for 4 days at Solana Bezo.

Just hope my new 40D housing gets here from Japan in time :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom