Done...wooohooo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amadus98

Contributor
Reaction score
DSC02143.JPG
[/URL][/IMG]

Done.....whew!

Maglite head
Glass lens
Mr-16 bulb 50w narrow beam
Goodman handle
14.4 overvoltage recharge bat pac.
Let the darkness begin im ready.

Very impressive

I have a couple of questions if you don’t mind.
How tall was the canister cut I’m assuming it was a 3” pvc?
How long of a cord did you use?
Info on the battery pac would be helpful if you have the time

Nice! What was the estimated build time/cost?

Thankx for the comments !! it was a fun project.

cord lenght was 4ft. (sjoow) landscape cable
3'' pvc 12 1/2 inches tall.
Batt pac is 3 rows of 4 d cell rechargeable batteries. 1.2v-10,000mah NiMh.
total cost is under a hundred bucks. the most expensive part was the batteries and smart charger.
I found all the info on this site to build the light. I just took bits and pices of everyones ideas.
the bulb is rated at 3000 hrs burn time and i figure being over volted if i loose 25% of that i can live with it. bulb replacement is cheap @ $3.95 a bulb and well worth the little extra light output.
Actual build time was fast. longest part was letting the sealent and paint dry. 3 days from start to finish.

Nice work!

Where did you source the batteries that cheap? I'm using AA's at the moment.

Also, did you just use a maglite glass lense? Experience has shown that going beyond about 70-80 fsw with that lense leads to explosions. If you sourced a thicker one I'd like to know where, I need a replacement. :(

Jake

yes I bought the bulb at homedepot, and i walked into the glass shop with the plactic lens out of the maglite and said," hey how much to make 2 like this but thicker" lolol... next day they were done and 2 bucks too boot. Man you cant beat service and a price like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom