Dominican Republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is Dominican Republic a good place to go diving.?

I do dive in the Dominican, but is isn't one of my favorite places. The resort costs are low and it makes for an inexpensive vacation, but you can still dive. It really depends what your after. If you are going someplace for the diving, it isn't the dominican. If your going someplace to enjoy a nice vacation at great costs amd want to dive a little while your there, the dominican is okay. It is a totally differenct type of diving. I usually travel to Turks and Caicos or San Salvador. Either place will cost you twice what the Dominican would cost. If you go to Punta Cana, there is some reasobale diving there, including the wreck of the Monica. The guides will often show you some caves in the reefs which can be interesting. I am looking at going to the dominican in June and in September Turks and Caicos.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to drop me a line.

Jim
Ashworth Dive

Here is my impression of diving in the Dominican Republic...if you stay in the resorts you won't find this...you have to go out into the country.
YouTube - Pedernales 2008

Do you have any suggestions for a place as nice and with great diving like Turks and Caicos. I am looking for a new place to go. I have been to Grand and Little Cayman, Belize, Roatan, Cozamel and T and C

I've been at Turks and Caicos, and I loved it. Here is a bit different, if you are looking for BIG stuff you won't find it here. But I've been diving in Dominican Republic for 4 years and still like it. The north coast is more for wind sports, so the diving there might be a bit rough sometimes because it's Atlantic side, here on the south the Caribbean water is much calmer.

Is Dominican Republic a good place to go diving.?

Still possible to wish you happy new year!!
Yes, the Dominican Republic has facinating dive areas.
Ofcourse it depends where you are looking for, I mentioned for example to look at
www.underseaspics.com, what shows you very nice macro photography pictures.
Just click on the numbers. After ten years involved in diving on the Dominican Republic, I am still happy to be underwater!
Nice Dives,

Robert

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom