Dominican Republic - Punta Cana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find that the diving in and around PC is what you make of it. Get to know the DM that is running out of your shop and they will take care of you. (Don't fall for the "They make less here than in the states so we shouldn't tip as much" stuff. They work hard for their money just like they do up here)

When my father and I were there the first dive we were herded around and just sort of followed the DM and did not stray far. By the end of the week they pretty much let us go off on our own as long as we were back to the line before or at the time they set. The DM led their group around on a sight seeing tour while we got a chance to look around and have good time.

Yes the reefs tend to be beat up a bit. But I always find that the beauty is in the detail. Stop and look around you will be amazed at what you see. We watched a group of divers go flying along the reef. They totaly missed a 6' green sitting in a whole in the coral.

Enjoy your stay in Punta Cana.

Back
Top Bottom