Domestic airlines for Honduras?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeh

Reaction score
Hi,

I've booked a trip to CocoView, but I need to book a flight from San Pedro Sula to Roatan. (I'm doing a side-trip to Copan.)

Which domestic airline is the best to use? (as in not losing your luggage) Or are they all the same?

Thanks!

jeh:
Hi,

I've booked a trip to CocoView, but I need to book a flight from San Pedro Sula to Roatan. (I'm doing a side-trip to Copan.)

Which domestic airline is the best to use? (as in not losing your luggage) Or are they all the same?

Thanks!

My order of preference is: SOSA; ATLANTIC; and ISLENA. We never make reservations...we usually arrive with plenty of time to make the islands by 4 or 4:30 PM. Field at Utila is not lit. Pick up your luggager on arrival San Pedro Sula, walk out the exit with your luggage, go immediatly to your right and you will see all of the above airlines. You can speak with all of them about cost and departure times. You will be hustled by baggage carriers (porters) They will grab your luggage. If you want their help fine, if not tell them to leave it alone. All in all it is very easy and your luggage will go with you on the plane to the islands. Ask to make sure it will!!

regards,

jeh:
Hi,

Thanks!

I like the advice you just got, but are you going to wing it locally, or have Roatan Charter (the guys who book CCV for you) just "make it happen"? I'd pick the latter.

Honduran Airline service, dependability and quality- comparatively- is largely dependent on the phase of the moon.

Some chicken blood and eye-of-newt may be utilized, too.

When you coming down to CCV? Check in at the CoCoNuts Message Board at http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/ccv and meet other CoCoDivers.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies. Roatan Charters has me booked on Sosa. This'll be my first visit to Honduras. We're going down in February, when it's nice and cold here.

Thanks again!

jeh:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies. Roatan Charters has me booked on Sosa. This'll be my first visit to Honduras. We're going down in February, when it's nice and cold here.

Thanks again!

February is a great time of year- the last of the 'rainy season' should have passed by and we'll be on to warmer and drier days. Since we'll be leaving for CoCoView tomorrow morning 12/11 at 0600 hrs, "Herself" will undoubtedly want to be returning along with you on your February trip- she is a 'sun bunny '.

Enjoy the adventure!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom